A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bridesmaid dress? Please help  (Read 2184 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
Offline Offline

Posts: 210
Joined: 31-Mar-2009

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2012 10:00:45 PM »

My sister is getting married (the date is not set, but it is not expected anytime soon). I have an idea for my bridesmaid dress that I love, but I am not sure how to make it.

Here is a picture: (It's the one on the far left)

I want the fabric to gather below the right breast. I want the fabric gather to come off the left side, including the left breast, and I want it to be almost floor length too. Any ideas? Does anyone know the name of this kind of dress so I could look it up?

Thanks in advance!

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Offline Offline

Posts: 3691
Joined: 25-Oct-2007

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012 06:22:45 PM »

I can't tell you what the name is, or what the technique is called, but here are a couple patterns that could give you (or a seamstress) a good jumping off point:

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1289-products-16420.php?page_id=861 (Can be lengthened)

I hope that helps a bit!  Assuming you want a handmade dress.  otherwise, just print these pictures out and bring them with you to a dress salon.  If you can, it's always better to try on formal wear before you purchase it, because the sizing tends to run differently.

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012 09:46:02 AM »

I do not know what this style of dress is called either but Aislynn found the same pattern I did in the Vogue 2929.  If you have a local Joann Fabrics you can wait for a sale on their patterns and the Vogue normally drops down to $3.99 instead of the $17 it is retailing for.    Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 26, 2017 Featured Projects
What's Up Girlfriend?
Tute Tuesday: Cons to Mary Janes

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.