A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
121 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where can I get a punky haircut in Dallas?  (Read 3566 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

eva stars
« on: June 22, 2005 11:00:41 AM »

Any ideas? I see so many Craftster girls with cool haircuts, so I thought maybe I'd ask here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squaretangle
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005 02:39:53 PM »

Great topic Eva Stars!

My stylist moved to Austin and I'm desperate to find a new person too! 

...Waiting anxiously for your answers too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams
eva stars
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005 09:37:34 PM »

I have an appointment at Artistik Edge on Thursday, so I guess I'll let you know how it goes. But I'm still interested in other places just for future reference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squaretangle
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005 05:53:01 PM »

ooo!  let me know how it went!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams
JennieD

can i get some more cowbell?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005 05:55:52 PM »

theres a pretty cool chain called toni&guy (they make the bed head and catwalk products) and they can do some pretty cool stuff.. i used to work at one but i did the chemicals instead of the cutting... we used manic panic sometimes and i got some really freakin awesome training (i have color in my hair as we speak!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Curbside Bandit
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005 08:53:42 PM »

My hair girl is the best. She is very punky and can do anything. I've been going to her for 10 years.

No offense to Toni and Guy but I've been botched there too many times.

Contact me for details. She's in Oak Lawn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elibrowning
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005 09:15:33 PM »

With me!!  I live in Deep Ellum and work in my studio or I can do on-location.  I only charge $20 for a cut because I never finished school, but punky is my specialty!  I do color too.  I freaked out when I read your subject line, my dream is to open a salon that does only "alternative" styles.  Check out some of my stuff:

I started out doing my own hair, and I've gone from dreadlocks to mohawk and everything in between.  I'm a photographer too and right now I'm doing a free one hour photo shoot for hair or makeup clients because I'm trying to build my portfolio.

-Eli
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elibrowning
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005 09:18:10 PM »

Oh yeah, and I'd have to say I agree with Curbside about Toni & Guy.  Their products are mediocre and overpriced, their stylists are almost always not skilled enough to be as arrogant as they are.  At the Toni & Guy beauty school, the students don't even learn enough to pass the state board test.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elibrowning
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005 09:28:12 PM »

Oh I almost forgot...myself:

Sorry for the three replies.  I'm not obsessed.  Okay, yeah I am...with hair!  It makes me happy.  Alright, that's all I promise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
handlethis
Monica

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005 07:59:24 PM »

elibrowning....your hair is so great and your work...i have the simple..plain jane brown long straight hair..i wanted to do something funky with it but im scared! i want it cut kinda like that first pic...my hair is long..maybe alittle above the middle of my back....

to be honest i have always wanted to go blond...not golden..but BLOND..maybe lightbrown...or ashbrown but im not sure if it will work on me...i want it so bad..im just a scardy cat to go get it done...

have you ever bleached hair before?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...