A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Basket Swap send out 3/6/2012  (Read 47182 times)
Tags for this thread: basket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2012 10:54:42 AM »

that is what we would say is one spiffy basket, wendiek!!
beautiful fabric, beautifully sewn, so crisp and clean.
(white lining. that is bravery for you Cheesy)

what is the range of sizes of the baskets approx, all?
I've not narrowed down a size for my partner yet.  Sad  So, I'm no help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...”  (Kansas State Song)
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2012 01:00:32 PM »

Well, to answer your question about size, Susan, I'm doing the basket from the tute on my blog, so it is fairly small, approximately 4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 inches.  But I had this marvelous brainstorm last night (as I was trying to fall asleep) of a great embellishment!  So that made it even harder to go to sleep, because I had to plan the whole thing out!  I got started on it this morning, and it's coming along nicely.

Wendiek, I love your basket!  Thanks for showing us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2012 01:26:45 PM »

Thanks ladies! A spiffy basket Susan? Well I have never heard of that before... sounds funny to me. Thanks all for the compliments!  Kiss

This basket is BIG, I'm not sure, will measure it for you tomorrow and than change it in inches (I measure in cm).
As for the colour, I bought the red and white striped fabric about 2 years ago, and found it perfect for this project. The inside fabric is a leftover from our curtains in the bedroom. (voile fabric) And currently I use it in my walk in closet, so there shouldn't be too much dirt there  Wink
I found the basket from the tute very small and I have way too much stuff to fit in that size! I am not sure what size to make my partners basket, but I think bigger than the tutorial. Hahaha, but I am never good at following measurements.

Today I wanted to sew the extra, which failed big time! But it gives me an excuse to buy new fabric tomorrow!

(I also got my sewing magazine for March today... at skirt, a jacket and a dress in there that I love... so even more fabric shopping then  Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imebears
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2012 01:39:54 PM »

The basket pattern that I'm working with is good size. About 10"x6"x8" not including the handles. It makes for a lot of storage. Still working out my extra little gift I am making. Does it have to be sewn? That would narrow my choices down either way. Will be putting on final touches to basket this weekend I hope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2012 02:30:33 PM »

The basket pattern that I'm working with is good size. About 10"x6"x8" not including the handles. It makes for a lot of storage. Still working out my extra little gift I am making. Does it have to be sewn? That would narrow my choices down either way. Will be putting on final touches to basket this weekend I hope.

Your extra has to be one small crafted item. If you make something according to your partners likes, you are doing great! So you could knit, crochet, papercraft, clay, make jewellery... The possibilities are endless! Just check your partners likes and get inspired! Good luck and have fun!!

Wendie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imebears
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2012 03:26:56 PM »

Your extra has to be one small crafted item. If you make something according to your partners likes, you are doing great! So you could knit, crochet, papercraft, clay, make jewellery... The possibilities are endless! Just check your partners likes and get inspired! Good luck and have fun!!

Wendie
Thanks for the info. That helps alot. Now I know what I am doing.
Iesa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Deece in MN
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2012 05:54:48 PM »

Received confirmation emails today that my fabric orders have shipped; yay!
It should be arriving Monday and Tuesday, so I can get started on Wednesday. Smiley

I just hope everything turns out as well as it looks in my head. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMamaBee
Creative Mom

Crafting Since 1982

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2012 07:48:02 AM »

An update ::: I did not finish everything I was hoping to yesterday  Sad .... But there is always today! So I probably won't be heading to the Post Office today... But believe me it's well worth the little extra wait!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2012 12:08:02 PM »

Okay, I finished my basket today! Well, actually silentblair's baket  Grin

I also tried to make the extra, but it didn't work out the way I wanted to... Will have to try again later this week.

The basket looks GREAT I think and the hubs thinks it too. I am sure I'll be making more, as a gift and for all the rooms left in my house  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2012 12:40:06 PM »

That's cool that you like making fabric baskets so much, Wendie! 

I tried to make an extra that I saw online--a cool hair ornament-- but I wasn't happy with the result--I think it would work better with beading wire than with thread, but since I didn't feel like running to JoAnn's today (the weather is cold and rainy), I decided to make something completely different, that doesn't require any supplies I don't have!  I finished it this afternoon and I'm VERY happy with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...