A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Family Tree Scrapbooking - Ideas/Inspiration?  (Read 1073 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 24, 2007 06:54:33 AM »

I'm getting married in October to my long-time boyfriend (*squee!*) and one of goals over the next year or so is to make a scrapbook showing our family tree (combining both his family and my family).

I could use some ideas/inspiration on how to organize it though. 

I'm not sure how to put it in a logical order?  Like, should I do (for instance) the whole first half of the book my side of the family, then the second half of the book his family?  OR should I do my parents, then his parents, then my maternal grandparents, then his maternal grandparents, etc (alternating sides)? 

For those of you who've done family tree type scrapbooks, how did you put yours together? 

(I got this scrapbook album from eBay, so I'm going to use this for my family scrapbook project!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silllylemonade
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007 05:31:31 PM »

I think it would depend on how many pictures you have of each.  It might be cute to do each generation.  Such as first few pages would be of the grandparents (yours and his), then the next would be of the parents, and then of you and him separate, then you and him together.  Maybe keeping the 2 sides of the family separate by using a certain color of paper for each, then of you two together a brand new color indicating the start of a new family.

Making sense or am I just jabbering?   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeaSun
The Red SeaSun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008 08:42:09 PM »

What I have done is have colors dividing the family. you know your favorite color for your family and his etc. Other pages are left is mine and right is his or the whole left side of the book page is mine and whole right side of the book page is his. so when you open the book it is a uniformed look but still divided. Do you understand what I trying to explain. But my album goes GGparents, Gparents, parents, etc...

Hope that helps

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafts--> http://seasundaytoday.blogspot.com/
Creative Cakes by EMMA ---> http://ccbyemma.blogspot.com/
\(_o)/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...