A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,572
Currently Running With Scissors:
200 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: High school scrapbook  (Read 4618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
phadedsky
« on: June 17, 2005 05:29:37 PM »

My friend and I are trying to make scrapbooks that encompass our high school experience due to the fact that we're going to be seniors this year. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how we should go about this (we each have our own scrapbook)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonmaid
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005 05:39:35 PM »

you could either make a seperate section for each grade and put them in chronological order, or put the pics of similar events (proms, homecomings, Halloween, etc;) together. Use plenty of stickers. If you saved things like dance ticket stubs, band  and chorus concert programs, drama performance programs, the corsage you got on prom, and such thing, that would also be useful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Family & Fantasy & Sci-Fi & Crafts
Karensff
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005 01:14:25 AM »

You could also so pages with comments about the films you all loved or songs. It means you can look back and see what you were into through your school years.

Karen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phadedsky
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005 07:13:01 AM »

ooh! I like those ideas. I'll have to talk to Jen about them on sunday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ming
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005 01:53:31 PM »

Be sure to swap books and have your friend do some pages in your book and vice versa. Too many times do good friends know more about you than you know about yourself  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambivalentgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005 10:58:14 AM »

I started scrapbooking at the same time you did.  I have a whole album full of high school stuff up until my senior year - and then a separate one for my senior year (because I learned how to take more pictures and save stuff!).  All of my albums go in order, which I personally like because I can remember how and when events happened.  It especially mixes things up like dance pages, because four or five dance pages in a row would get a little boring, but with them all separated, it is nice.  That is just what I like though.  Good luck! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brownsugar13
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005 03:43:13 PM »

u should use all of the things that you've saved through your high school years: ticket stubs, things from your prom, etc.  if u've saved more private things, like notes between you and your friends, that's even better.  another thing that you could do is have all your friends write down all their fave things(fave food, color, movie, song, band, etc.) and put those in for a page all about that one person.  hope i helped!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChemicalsMyDear

i will windmill kick you in the face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005 08:22:55 AM »

Funny, I've had a scrapbook for a while and haven't decided to start on it until now as well [this will be my senior year too].

First off make sure you take plenty of pictures. Even if it's just a regular day at school or a day around town with friends, bring the camera. Any meaningful experience that happens this year, save something from it [whether it be prom, homecoming, football game, spirit day at school, etc]. It might also help to write down a bit about those experiences too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing beats going to Denny's at 10 pm with Becoming The Archetype and sharing a milkshake with Seth. Nope, nothing.
musicaddict05
Gavin DeGraw For Life

Happy Candle!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005 03:38:55 PM »

I'm in the process of putting my high school scrapbook together at the moment. My advice is to go through old yearbooks and read what people wrote (alot of times, there will be inside jokes between friends that may have been forgotten). Also, get together with your friends to write down jokes, memories, anything about what happened in high school. Alot of times, they'll remember something that you forgot, or vice versa. I put mine together in chronological order, that way it'll be easier to remember when something happened. I started in 9th grade and went through to graduation. I had averaged about 2-3 pages for each year, but as I went on, I had more and more (I'm on my 5th for senior year). Take that into account, as you'll definitly remember more about what happens in senior year than 9th grade.
Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005 08:36:22 PM »

I actually made one my senior year. I had taken a ton of pics during high school and never did anything with it. So I did each section with grades. I was kinda cheesy in the sense that I put a little intro to each year with some significant that happened. I am actually wanting to redo it because I was required to do it for school and it was my first scrapbook...its falling apart cause i have too many pages in it. So i was gonna divide it up....

I think you should try to remember things that meant something special to you for each year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...