A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
137 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tic tac containers  (Read 2192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
CosmicCarrot
« on: June 17, 2005 09:49:55 AM »

i'm somewhat addicted to orange tic tacs and i have quite a few boxes around...anyone have any ideas?
i've been looking at some other posts about them but none of them really sparked my inerest...i was wondering if it's possible to melt them and use them to make other things? if so what? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
mellie_05
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005 01:12:39 PM »

When I used to run track in grade school, I used the tic tac containers to hold jewelry, earrings, rings, etc... and could throw it in a duffle bag without having loose jewelry floating around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So what makes you happy.
Be with who makes you smile.
Laugh as much as you breathe.
Love as long as you live.
xcrunnergirl
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005 11:05:09 PM »

I recently faced the same problem as you - too many tic tac boxes!! love those orange ones, too! But one day I looked at one, and I got an idea. I have layered hair, so I use lots of bobby pins to keep it in place. And there's always one little piece of hair that needs a pin, so... TIC TAC HAIRPIN CASE! The boxes are just the right size for the little pins. I took the little label off and pasted little pictures all over it, and then used decoupage to seal it. (So cute!) I had to use an exacto knife to cut it so the little lid would open though. I keep my little box in my purse, so it's always handy. You could also use it to store toothpicks or other mints. It's also nice to have a little box in case you loose an earring back, or break a clasp on jewelry. Hope this inspires you!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M and M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."  - Dave Barry
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005 03:33:44 PM »

you guys all have great ideas, but they're not really helping me...

jewelry holder: good idea, but my jewelry is all too huge and plastic. it wouldn't fit.     

hairpin box: as well as my jewelry, my hair is huge also. if i put bobby pins, or pretty much anything in it, it gets lost and isn't seen for a few weeks.

thanks for your help anyway, if either of these worked for me i would do them! especially the decoupage, that's neat! i appreciate your suggestions!
~CaRRot
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
Wild Wind
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005 08:37:53 AM »

I'd keep my beads in it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Welcome to my Blog!
and to my Flickr gallery!
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005 11:30:51 AM »

I glued some heavy duty magnets on the back of one and put a preserved a comic cut down to that size in it in front of a piece of styro. cut to size.  Would have been great but I made the mistake of spraying the comic with krylon and it kind of bled through...I am going to try again though!  You can also cut photos down to that size and pad the back to make them flush in the tic-tac box.  Lots of ideas are coming to mind now!  TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
Robyn Lisa
Avid Reader

Jewrific

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005 12:02:01 AM »

if you sew, it would be a great place to store needles/pins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005 09:35:22 PM »

What about shadowbox earrings? Kind of like these flashcube earrings on http://www.stupid.com/stat/CUBF.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005 09:37:55 PM »

Oh, there's some more ideas on this thread https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=278.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sneaky_Monkey

VENI, VEDI, VICI!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005 06:51:08 PM »

instead of a tic tac box i havea mini m&m container the size of the tictac box and i decorated and i put small notes give it to my friend and she does the same thing back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...