A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Jewelry Swap GALLERY! Send by 12/15  (Read 34615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

julianapegas
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2011 07:39:48 PM »

My package arrived! Cheesy
I imagined the post offices would be kinda clogged because of the holidays, but I didn't expect it would be that much XD

So here it is!

Schnerby sent me an adorable cuff, along with some really cool extras: a felt pin with a red button, a little felt handsewn pouch, and a postcard featuring graffiti art by Banksy.

Here's the cuff being worn. It encompasses some of my favorite stuff: the colors black and purple, ruffles, ribbons and brocade <3 I love how it looks on my wrist, I'll be wearing it a lot!
It's made in such a way that I can change the ribbon if I want, or, as schnerby suggested, put an elastic instead - but I really like having a ribbon bow on it ^^

The pin is just adorable! I love how thick it is with all these layers of felt, it makes the sewing lines really sink in, especially at the middle.

Thanks for being such a great swap partner, schnerby! And thanks Leslieshappyheart and Susanab for organizing this swap, of course Cheesy

Also, I'd like to say everyone's submissions are great, everything looks so gorgeous! Congratulations to all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeviantartPoupe GirlLast.fmRavelry
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2011 07:58:23 PM »

Great package from Schnerby! I love the cuff, the colors are wonderful, and I like how it looks on your wrist too, Juliana!  The pin and the pouch are really nice extras.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Smmarrt

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2011 10:22:28 PM »

I received with RhymeswOrange/Theresa on Christmas Eve, just as I was leaving for the airport. And now I'm back home. Awesome package and lovely fabric jewelry:

A heart pin. But wait, there's more:

A bird pin! LOVE birds and pins so this is PERFECT!

And some extra goodies:

A mini whisk with kisses - Yum!

Thanks so much Theresa.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
Smmarrt

« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2011 10:38:59 PM »

And this is what I sent to RhymeswOrange:

A recycled water bottle scrappy cuff bracelet:

A yoyo-embellished headband for her daughter:

A zipper flower pin:

And a fabric flower pin (and the pattern from the book "20 to make: Fabric Flowers by Kate Haxell):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2011 02:48:09 AM »

I got a wonderful package from Sharalee on Christmas eve, and now with all of my company gone I finally have time to post all of the wonderful goodies....
first these two, yes two!! gorgeous bracelets... I just love the colors

and a pouch to match... the added charm is absolutely amazing

here are the two, yes, again, two pins

the little girl, is made out of pantyhose, how CUTE!!

a few extras... candy, a pen, a stickynote holder... and the beautiful handmade card

thanks for everything Shari, it was a blast swapping with you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2011 03:57:45 AM »

Oh my, I can hardly catch up with all you receivers!! On Christmas eve, how appropriate  Wink

Okay, here we go:
  • Juliana, the cuff looks wonderful it matches your nail polish perfectly! And a beautiful pin, pouch and postcard... What a great job, Schnerby  Cheesy
  • Then Smmarrt: wow! Love the heart and bird pin! The wing of the bird is cut out, right? Did you fold the rough edges inside, RhymeswOrange? Just curious, you know! Love the colours of the felt used! Beautiful, RhymeswOrange!
  • The upcycled water bottle scrappy cuff bracelet is fantastic! Did you cut a ring of the water bottle and then covered it with fabric? (I always want to know how-to, and I am just curious of course  Wink ) Like to see the other side of the cuff too... And a headband with yo-yo and two pins... I am loving it! Great job, Smmarrt!
  • And last, but not least... OGD, you received some awesome jewellery too! Love the bracelets! And two totally different ones, even though the colours are similar! A matching pouch, two cute pins... Again that little pantyhose face, aww too cute! A lot of extras too... Sharalee you rock!  Cheesy

GREAT JOB ladies!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011 03:58:47 AM by wendiek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2011 12:20:04 PM »

WOW Awesome packages!!! Roll Eyes OK here goes!!! Grin
"Schnerby" That's a beautifull cuff bracelet & it goes so well with your polish Juliana. The handsewn pouch is very nice & the pin is cute. Great job!! Roll Eyes

'RhymeswOrane" Your heart & bird pins are so cute!!  Cheesy I love hearts & birds!! We have a bird house hanging from the roof on the back patio & we get sparrows nesting in there once or twice a year in the spring!! It's lots of fun to watch them.

"Smmarrt" The recycle scrappy water bottle cuff bracelet is really cool!! Cool  I love all the flower pins espescially the zipper one.

"Wendiek" Thanks so much for your sweet comments. And everybody did such a wonderful designs!! There are a lot of talented people on here!!!  I have received many cool Ideas for future Swaps.

"Onegroovyday" I'm so glad you like everything & & they fit. You are a great swap partner, Thanks again!! I wear my braied bracelet & ring all the time!!

Also thanks to our wonderful organizers, Leslie & Susan!!! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2011 04:31:23 PM »

Oooh, crafty overload!  Three packages posted almost at once!  I love them all!

RhymeswOrange, I LOVE the felt heart pin and bird (looks like reverse applique for the wing, right?).  Beautiful package!

Smmarrt:  It's all great, but the bracelet is especially eye-catching!  I love the "crafty" stamped word.

Sharalee:  the whole package is wonderful, especially the embroidery on one of the bracelets!  Great work! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
susanab
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2011 06:38:54 PM »

Wonderful craftings!!

I love that cuff bySchnerbyand julianapegas, your nailpolish goes great with it!! I love felt pinsthis is a really great piece. Like museum of modern art. My daughter is a big Banksy fangreat postcard and great pouch to put all those crafty goodies in. great purples.

Really sweet heart and bird jewelry by rhymeswithorange. Great colors on everythingI mean even your choice of THREAD!  A MINI WHISK WITH KISSES!! I have got to remember this idea, I have got to remember this! Only everybody I know would love this.

Smmarrtwow. What do you mean that its a recycled water bottle? That is unbelievable and I love that it says it all with crafty. Awesome design.. Cute yoyo headbanda zipper flower? Wow. I am seeing things tonite. And I love the flowergreat that theyre different lengths, that just puts it over the top for me.Very very nice.

Ooo, Sharalee! I love those bracelets. Yes,same, I love the colors and the embroidery and all of it. I love the charm on the braided one. They just have that already comfy look to them. Sweet pouch and, again, great great charms just adding a perfect touch. Perfect.
Oh I remember those pantyhose dolls. You are taking me BACK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Smmarrt

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2011 09:39:00 PM »

Recycled water bottle cuff - yes, I just cut up a bottle. The thinner kind of plastic is easier to cut. And there is felt in the other side - orange for RhymeswOrange. I saw this on "That's Clever" on HGTV?, I think. But found a tute online:

http://www.favecrafts.com/Green-Crafting/Pink-Flower-Water-Bottle-Bracelets

There's an accompanying video on YouTube but I'm sure you can figure it out reading the instructions.

I backed the scrappy part with iron-on interfacing to make the ironing and hemming easier. Next time I will sew on the machine instead of by hand.

Thanks everyone. This swap should have a round 2, in the spring perhaps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...