A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,832
Currently Running With Scissors:
233 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: styrofoam blackage/extra product packaging  (Read 885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SnuggleBurnNow
but you like it!

No More BUSHit

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2005 02:27:49 PM »

i have a block of styrofoam about 3ft x 1.5ft (estimated) that my dad gave to me instead of throwing it away because he knows i like to re-invent stuff. it was part of some packaging for something, and has some shapes cut into it where the product went. i wish i had a picture of it to describe it more.
i always save the original box even if i don't have the camera,phone,computer,etc. anymore because it comes in such a cool package. any ideas what you could use the boxes and inside packaging for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

he is typing away subordinate toots for tugboats. put. put. put.<br />Do not escape<br />Rhinocerous in the gates<br />Walking and eating
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005 08:15:23 PM »

I have a whole bunch of weird styro shapes saved up!  It takes up a lot of space!  I plan on using it as structure for paper mache but I think using it as the bottom of gift baskets to create elevation would be a good idea too.  Maybe cut it in chunks, smush them up into half-spheres, cover them with different fabrics and put into jar lids or caps to make little pin cushions.  I plan on making some  of mine (with the help of paper mache) into 'fake' rocks or bricks some day!  If I can paint them to look real enough!  If I think of anything else I will let you know!             TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
Jodi1978
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005 09:40:10 PM »

If you have a bean bag chair.  With the smaller pieces,  break them up and add to your chair if it is getting a little flat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maddyx
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005 09:41:34 PM »

or you could make little stuffed animals or pillows. break up the styrofoam into little little bits and use it as stuffing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...