Click HERE to go to the gallery!!
Here’s a swap for the busy crafter who loves fabric and sewing: a fabric jewelry swap!
Susanab came up with this great idea: you will swap one piece of handcrafted fabric jewelry with one partner, so it is completely do-able even with winter holidays approaching. Check out this link
for tutorials and ideas for lots of different things you could make: I’ve also included a tutorial on my blog showing how to make a fabric bracelet
. I’m sure you can find many other ideas online; share them with us in the thread!
Here are the types of things you can make:
--hair ornament (including headband)Details of swap:
--You will craft one piece of fabric jewelry, using your partner’s questionnaire as a guide to make something she will love.
--You will have a 2½ week crafting time, from 11/26/11 to 12/15/11.
--You have creative freedom to use any fabric, any embellishment, any technique you want, as long as what you craft is jewelry, and made primarily of fabric.
-- You will need to post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.*PLEASE READ!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .If you want to participate, send the questionnaire below to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fabric Jewelry Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
4. Favorite colors?
5. Least favorite colors?
6. Please name at least 2 items that you would love to receive:
7. Wrist measurement:
8. Preferred necklace length:
9. Please name all the fabric jewelry items that you would be comfortable making:
10. Are there any jewelry items that you do not want to receive?
11. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you love(checks, polka dots, stripes, etc.)?
12. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you can't stand?
13. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes (vintage, cats, moustaches, nature, robots, etc.)?
14. If you have any strong dislikes, please let them be known:
15. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc:
16. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of what you would like to receive. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you. If you have any specific items in mind, add a link to them:IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO “susanab”, “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap
20. bann88PARTNERS!Susanab's Group:
susanab <---> mintdawn
zigg13pra <---> MeganCrafts
wendiek <---> louw
hgddm <---> fabricfriend
CraftyMamaBee <---> fiddlegirl8Leslieshappyheart's Group
Leslieshappyheart <---> bann88
Smmarrt <---> RhymeswOrange
schnerby <---> julianapegas
hoppy <---> EnginerdLisa
onegroovyday <---> Sharalee