A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,818
Currently Running With Scissors:
278 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Force Unleashed- Starkiller  (Read 1709 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_68_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 08, 2011 11:31:13 AM »

My son is very much a Star Wars kid- he has been Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett in past years. This year he wanted to be Starkiller/Galen Marek from The Force Unleashed video game. I ordered him karate pants online, then found a shirt that looked right in the thrift store. The shirt was way too big, so I re-sized it. I then took a cream colored gauze and dyed it grey to use for the arm and leg wraps. He wore his bogs boots, which was helpful since it snowed the day of Halloween and we had a few inches on the ground. I made his robe from black flannel, the picture online of Starkiller makes the robe look like it is one piece, but with my guy being so small I had to make a few adjustments, the buckles are placed at a slant and are just large hook and eye closures. The original Starkiller costume also has a ton of belts- I made mine by cutting a thrift store belt and punching a new hole to fit my son, I then used E6000 to glue the buckles on to the belt in the front, it buckles in the back so all you can see are the buckles I made from craft foam and paint. I didn't even bother with the other belts, one was enough. My son is all of three feet tall and super skinny, so the leg belt would have been necklace sized for an adult  Wink  I also glued the black fabric scrap onto the belt to mimic the one Starkiller wears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
NH822
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011 11:57:22 AM »

well done!!  That little guy is too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011 12:15:23 PM »

Thanks! Smiley He was very happy with it, So I figure that is all that matters Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...