A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ladies: thrush free bath products?  (Read 1202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Dewberry89
« on: October 21, 2011 01:23:40 PM »

Hey, I wanted some advice really. I'm planning to make soaps, bath salts, lipbalms and body butters as Christmas gifts this year but my mum has a real problem with thrush infections if she uses any scented bath bubbles or soaps.

If I made bath salts/milk baths with just natural ingredients say just Epsom salt, sea salt and lavender essential oil with milk powder in the milk bath would that still cause a reaction? Does anyone have an experience with bath salts/milk baths causing infections?

I can't see a problem with the milk bath since the milk should keep the pH low, shouldn't it?  Huh

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tr3kkie9rl
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011 02:15:50 PM »

I'm not a soaper, but I know a little about the topic. Thrush is basically a yeast infection. Yeast feeds on sugar. Milk = lactose = sugar so I'd avoid anything dairy based. Hope someone else has more/additional ideas for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whoever i was
I'm not that person now
but what i wish i was
I'm still so far away from
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011 10:56:35 PM »

This is close to falling into medical territory, so we really can't give too much advice here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
freeli
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011 12:58:44 AM »

I'm not a soaper either and I apologize to MareMare if she has closed that topic due to the medical issue, but I'd like to say this:
 i'd not make anything for your mum and tell her not to take a bath but shower instead if possible. I've been plagued with thrush many times and bathing does not help, I think it makes it even worse. From my experience, and since this is not any real medical advice in my eyes i think I'm allowed to say this: yogurt did help me a lot to get my system balanced. Internal application. And by that I don't mean orally - but eating yogurt helps, too, of course. Natural yogurt tho, no strawberry or so. When your system is out of balance e.g. pH and bacterial composition which can happen easily e.g. if you have to take antibiotics, the thrush can grow easier. The yogurt cultures are similar and help to restore the system and help to make the environment unfriendly for the thrush and it will retreat. You don't wanna get any soap near there while the thrush is growing!
Good luck to your mum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...