A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
312 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monster High Cosplay - Draculaura  (Read 6913 times)
Tags for this thread: monster_high , cosplay , draculaura  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 12, 2011 06:58:21 PM »

After attending SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) this year and meeting Garrett Sander, creator and design manager of Monster High I knew I HAD to do this group cosplay for Fan Expo Canada 2011. Initially the friends I usually do a group cosplay at Fan Expo Canada were all going to join in this Monster High epicness (I'm the official costume maker for the group) but a large number of them couldn't attend this year! Regardless of that, we represented with a group of 3 and I don't think it could have be more epic Smiley  

This is the lovely Draculaura in my original Fearleading uniform costume design. I made the uniform from scratch, even hand screening the trims. Many many many yards of trim! I also created a vector logo in Illustrator for the MH logo on the uniform chest. Draculaura made her own wig and did her own f/x makeup, all for her first time. I think she looks great!
I made the earrings from scratch too, free-handing the design on shrinking plastic and then making them into earrings. If you've seen any of my work before you know how much I like to play in the area between 2 and 3 dimensional props so I liked the idea of using these for her costume instead of real safety pins Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011 07:31:01 PM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
cursive_queen
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011 07:09:59 PM »

awesome!  My kiddo loves monster high and we are always checking out new stuff.  We made her a draculaura costume last year - she would adore this
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011 07:13:35 PM »

awesome!  My kiddo loves monster high and we are always checking out new stuff.  We made her a draculaura costume last year - she would adore this
Amazing! It kinds of hilarious how much I love MH... I am totally dying to make a Draculaura costume for myself. Did you post the costume you made for your daughter on here?? I'd love to see it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
cursive_queen
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011 06:29:46 AM »

No, it was really simple just using different store bought pieces (skirt, black longsleeve, pink tank made to look like her vest) and we made a lacy jabbot, so I didn't think it was worth posting.  I really like the monster high and have spent way too much time (and money) searching it out for her.  I re-did a barbie house to be a monster high house, but forgot to post any pics on here
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...