Click HERE to go to the gallery
Let’s turn a cheap composition book into a nice, expensive-looking book by sewing a beautiful cover for it! You can write in the book to your heart's content, and then when it is full you can take the cover off and put it on a fresh book. I have posted a tutorial on my blog. The basic cover is easy to make, but it is the embellishing it to suit your partner that will be the fun part.
U.S. swappers will need to have a standard-size composition book (measuring 9 3/4 by 7 1/2 inches) to cover. They are really cheap, and you can get them at any store with an office supply section; for people outside the U.S., you have the option of swapping metric-sized covers. You will decide with your partner if you want to make covers for A4 or A5 notebooks.
This swap is brought to you by susanab and Leslieshappyheart!Details of swap:
--You will have one partner
--You will make one Journal Cover and one additional small hand-crafted item for your partner
(based on her wists, pinterest, etc). You don't have to mail the composition book, since your partner already has one--just mail the cover, the small item, and any extras you might wish.
--You will have a 3 week crafting time, from 10/10/11 to 11/7/11
--You will find the tutorial for the Journal cover at Leslie's Art and Sew
. The measurements in the tutorial are for standard composition books; if you are swapping metric-sized journals, you will need to change the measurements accordingly. You have creative freedom to use any fabric, any embellishment, any technique you want, as you make a cover to suit your partner’s tastes.
--Feel free to make any changes to the journal cover tutorial, or make up your own design. Add or subtract any design element you wish.
--Before sending your cover, MAKE SURE IT FITS THE JOURNAL!! Small variations in seam allowances can make a big difference in the final product, and no one wants to receive a cover that doesn’t fit.*PLEASE READ!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- Must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Please post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers
We saved the best for last...Have fun!
___________________ __________________ ___________________ ___________________ __ If you want to participate, send information to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Journal Cover Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Do you want to swap a metric-sized journal cover (A4 or A5)? If yes, you must be willing to ship outside your own country.
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies?
2. Do you have any allergens in your house?
3. Favorite colors?
4. Least favorite colors?
5. Are there any patterns/designs that you love(checks, polka dots, stripes, etc.)?
6. Are there any patterns/designs that you can't stand?
7. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes (vintage, cats, moustaches, nature, robots, etc.)?
8. What is your sewing level (beginner, intermediate, advanced?)
9. What crafts do you do mainly?
10. Are there any small crafted items you would especially like to receive?
11. Are there any crafted items you would not wish to receive?
12. Are there any snacks you would love to receive? Any that you do not wish to receive?
13. If you have any strong dislikes, please let them be known:
14. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc:
15. If you gave very short answers to the above questions, your partner will have trouble crafting for you! So, please help her out now by telling a little more about yourself--work, hobbies, family, etc.--these details might give her a direction to go in.IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO “susanab”, “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.PARTICIPANTS:
7. kaybeeeee --welcome first-time swapper!
17. Eclectic Dreamer
19. Bunnie Boo
susanab <---> love2teach
fiddlegirl8 <---> Bobomom
AmandaBL <---> siakela
StickerChic87 <---> FeliciaSlayDCRG
Bunnie Boo <---> tarteaucitron (metric)
Leslieshappyheart <---> Sillybowtie
Livelongandcraft <---> hgddm
Eclectic Dreamer <---> unsuperb
CraftyMamaBee <---> silentblair
kaybeeeee --> melmakespretty --> whats_her_name --> kaybeeeee (metric round-robin)