A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 320,816
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mmmm pretzel  (Read 3745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jeha
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011 09:50:27 PM »

Could you post the recipe here since your blog is unavailable currently? The only pretzel recipe I have ever tried was Alton Browns. They were pretty good, but I am interested in making more pretzels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginerbean
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011 09:01:03 PM »

noooooooo! for some reason it was still showing up on my google reader? or maybe the posts are just archived? confusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In which I do it my own damn self (DIMODS?): http://ellipsus.blogspot.com/
Goomba
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011 12:45:55 PM »

The posts are probably just archived. the blog was open to search so it would still be in Googles data base.

There isn't too much difference between this one and AB's....which would be from the fact that it's partially based off his. but I'll post it for sure.....

1/2 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) active yeast
3 cups All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tsp salt
additional 1/2 cup warm water
1 tablespoon + 1 tsp baking soda
1 egg plus
1/3 cup water

My directions use a stand mixer but you can do this by hand just as easy.

Add first six ingredients to your stand mixer and mix on low speed until well combined. Slowly pour in the additional 1/2 cup water. Dough should be moist but not sticky. You may need to add more water or flour. Weather plays a cruel role in cooking. Knead the dough for ten minutes by hand or use your dough hook on low speed until dough is smooth.
Let it rise for for an hour to an hour and a half.

Punch down the dough and divide into 2 ounce sections. (roughly 11-13 pieces.)
Do not flour your work surface!!!
Roll each piece into a ball. Cover and let rest another 10 minutes.
Roll each ball into a 18 inch log and form a pretzel shape. (I see no reason to explain the method..shape is pretty irrelevant at this time)
Once done shaping, place an a greased baking sheet...or two. and cover and let rise again for about 30 minutes or until doubled.
Preheat the oven to 400 and in a large pot bring 8 cups water and 2 tablespoons plus a tsp baking soda to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Slide a pretzel into the water and simmer for 30 seconds on each side before removing it. Return to pan.
Whisk egg and water together and brush the tops. Sprinkle with coarse salt and bake for 15 minutes.

I also really like to freeze these after they cool and then bake in a 425 degree oven for 3-5 minutes. You can toss em in a microwave for about 20 seconds on high but personally, I don't enjoy them as much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Monkey
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011 12:54:50 PM »

Don't you have akismet active? There's also tons of other spam-blocking/preventing add-ons...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goomba
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011 12:58:52 PM »

Akismet is active, it was blocking roughly 4 a day and letting about 14 through.

A lot of the ones released I don't have access to, being a free account.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Monkey
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011 01:02:04 PM »

hm. I have hosting, so I don't know what ones are/aren't available on their basic ones... that's really weird though. Normally WP really doesn't get spam. :-/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goomba
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011 03:37:17 PM »

yeah, wasn't an issue when I had hosting, however it is just not possible at this time. I didn't have any issues with it a few years back but it was getting slammed really bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: The Red, White, and Blue
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...