A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,848
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wensday 10-5  (Read 1098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Faux_Valentine
« on: October 05, 2011 09:14:49 PM »

No one else had started it so i figured i would go ahead and do so!

I have a few projects waiting for the needles. The one i completed half of today i cant show you as its for a fellow Craftster but im super excited about it.
The next thing i've been working on is my step fathers sweater. i have to get a measurement of the width of his favorite sweater before i can start but here is the swatch:

now the next thing isn't knitting but it's knitting related and i'd love to know if you all would like a tutorial on how to make them ( if you have sewing skills) the top has a snap top that allows it to snap back into the closed position so your yarn does not fall out they can be adjusted in width and depth to what ever you would want:

A ball of fingering weight in there:

how it looks closed:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011 10:25:58 PM »

I'm still resisting casting on for Annis in order to get my sweater done. I've been working on the sleeves almost to the exclusion of all other knitting:

I'm 18 rows from the cap shaping at this point. I'm still working on both sleeves at once, I've just stacked them for the photo. Smiley

Other than that I've been working on the doll panties. They don't look like much at the moment so I haven't photographed them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011 11:29:53 PM »

I finished nessy but can't post the finished product as it's for a swap. I'm still working on those socks but I've also started a yoga mat bag (namaste pattern on knitty) and I finally cast on for my burnished tunic and knit about 2 inches of that.I hope I can finish it before Monday to wear for my engagement pics, if not I already have a knit piece picked out to wear (bought, not hand made but still knit) I'll be starting some smaller projects for a swap this week or next week. Sorry about no pics this week. I don't have the time to take them, e-mail, and post them... Craftster really needs an app!

P.S. Love your work! That cabled sleeve looks gorgeous and the bags are cute. I sew up my own drawstring bags so I can throw in my counter while I travel so they don't fall out. I have a smaller lined one that I use for sock knitting as it holds two tiny balls perfectly and I can throw my socks in with the yarn while travelling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Stay Spooky
Meal Prep Monday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...