A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
139 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Givers and needers R10 (signups till Sept 30 Givers: Oct 25, Needers: Nov 10)  (Read 84538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2011 11:41:56 AM »

Bow-chicka-wow-wow....oh....ROFL!  I'm glad to know there's a lot of folks with worsted yarn Smiley  Hopefully those people have hair-colored yarns for me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
tiffi_333
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2011 11:43:47 AM »

hey everyone, if you look on the front page you'll see that moonlit and i have ended signups for this swap...the send dates for both the givers and needers have moved up accordingly as well so be sure to check that out so you are aware of when you need to send. Partners will be giving in a few days, we'll do it as quickly as we possibly can since i know everyone is excited for the swap.  After partners are given out im requesting that you post in the thread at least once a week so we know you haven't run off. it doesnt have to be a huge message or anything, just something to let me know you're still there. If people don't keep in touch it will be noted in your feedback under the comments which may affect other swaps you can join (some wont let people with bad communication or late sending join)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2011 11:48:59 AM »

YAY!  Early!!  If it works out I don't need to send 2 boxes with all the other givers giving and some also giving multiple boxes, let me know, as I'm fine with sending either 1 or 2 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
lizardsally
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2011 11:57:34 AM »

I hate to say this but I had originally said I would ship overseas but I cannot.  I don't know what I was thinking, I should know better as I live in the US but I am from Australia and ship stuff to my Mum all the time.  Today I prepared a box to ship to her (she's a dog trainer so I often send her dog training books and dog stuff) and the cost for shipping a medium flat rate box is $45!  WTF!  So I took out one book and was able to cram the others into a flat rate envelope for $14.  The small priority boxes (VHS size) cost $14 to send also, so I could send a little box of fabric overseas, but a big one would cost $45 - I cannot afford that.  Overseas postage from the USA is absolutely ridiculous.  I will never understand why they got rid of the cheaper options for mailing internationally.  So sorry guys, but I cannot afford to ship overseas.  I wanted to post this here rather than PM you to change my questionnaire, so that other people would be aware of the ridiculous cost for international postage.  For $45 you could go buy your own fabric LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2011 12:16:23 PM »

We don't even have flat-rate in Canada anymore. Shipping overseas is very costly here as well, but honestly, shippinh in general is a major budget buster. A simple letter within Canada is almost 60cents now!
Hence why I always put in that I would PREFER to ship within Canada, then NA & only paired with overseas partners if necessary. I love receiving packages from overseas, but it's just too costly on both ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2011 12:35:43 PM »

I've got two spindles and a bit of roving from other swaps but still don't know how to spin. I'm afraid to learn without someone to show me in case I wreck the roving. The book just doesn't cut it like it did for knitting. I would LOVE just one or two or all the balls of natural finer yarn! Just one would even make me happy. Especially single spun yarn. It's so squishy and soft and makes me happy to knit with it.I'm sure if I'm paired with someone who is willing to give up some natural fiber I could make it worth it and would LOVE to knit them something with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2011 12:44:35 PM »

lizardsally could you actually pm us with that as well, just incase moonlit or i forget its better to have it with all the questionnaires. would you be willing to ship to canada and the states, or just keep it within the states. its entirely up to you of course, i just want to be clear since i know its not the same as going overseas.   I didnt know canada didnt have flat rate boxes anymore, last time i went to the post they still had them...when was that changed?

Penguinsoup you should try going on youtube to see come how-tos they have there...itd be alot easier to learn that way since you could watch exactly what is done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemimah
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2011 12:51:34 PM »

I hate to say this but I had originally said I would ship overseas but I cannot.  I don't know what I was thinking, I should know better as I live in the US but I am from Australia and ship stuff to my Mum all the time.  Today I prepared a box to ship to her (she's a dog trainer so I often send her dog training books and dog stuff) and the cost for shipping a medium flat rate box is $45!  WTF!  So I took out one book and was able to cram the others into a flat rate envelope for $14.  The small priority boxes (VHS size) cost $14 to send also, so I could send a little box of fabric overseas, but a big one would cost $45 - I cannot afford that.  Overseas postage from the USA is absolutely ridiculous.  I will never understand why they got rid of the cheaper options for mailing internationally.  So sorry guys, but I cannot afford to ship overseas.  I wanted to post this here rather than PM you to change my questionnaire, so that other people would be aware of the ridiculous cost for international postage.  For $45 you could go buy your own fabric LOL!

I know exactly what you mean. Being in New Zealand, I often swap internationally, but I'm always very limited by weight, and for a supplies swap it's just not practical to send a parcel outside New Zealand or Australia. Once you go over a few hundred grams it gets very expensive very quickly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2011 12:53:03 PM »

Tiffi...I don't know when it changed, but last I went there was a woman arguing with the attendant about flat rate boxes, as she sends care packages out west to her daughter all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NotKnit

My best works.

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2011 01:51:23 PM »

In case it is helpful, because I forgot to get this detailed on the questionnaire I have worsted weight and sportweight (all acrylic, sorry, except maybe a little cotton hiding somewhere) but the sportweight is all "baby" colors like pastel blue. The worsted weight is mixed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...