A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,818
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 203
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 526407 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse , miniature , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Spiffyhink
« Reply #1120 on: February 04, 2012 01:20:09 AM »

Icekibby, everything's so cute! You really scored with the thrift store grab bag. I also really love that crystal ball--I wouldn't have thought to make one with the bead caps--it looks really nice!

Right now with my dollhouse I'm stuck on trying to decide if I should attach the siding (really just card stock) before or after I've assembled the house. If I did it before, it would look nicer, but if I did it after, it would be more sturdy. Plus I'm getting impatient and want to see it together, now that I've put the wallpaper in! Ah, decisions....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1121 on: February 04, 2012 01:53:03 AM »

The grab bags we got had lots of chairs and accessories in Barbie size and roughly 1:12 as well, so we really did score on that find. We also watch for dolly things with loose accessories inside, then take the bits and bobs to the register and ask how much for those separately. Usually they don't care. My house is going to be quite eclectic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
dreadlocklove
« Reply #1122 on: February 04, 2012 09:53:43 AM »

Nice photos icekibby!  I'm a fan of the texture and mosaic mirror.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: February 04, 2012 04:33:25 PM »

I finally bought my house from Michaels. I had a $5 dollar off coupon so it only cost $3.24. However, I probably won't start working on it any time soon, as I have too many other things to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1124 on: February 05, 2012 10:09:00 AM »

Have you all seen this amazing mini bookcase necklace?: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402251.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #1125 on: February 06, 2012 09:16:30 AM »

The mosaic mirror is a good idea!  Did you also make the vanity in the kids' room?

Such cuteness...you will have fun providing for your new "family" ! Cheesy

The bookcase necklace is cute...I was trying to think of more furniture to put into my house..thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2017 109/125
PINTEREST
Free Readers Digest book covers! PM me!
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: February 06, 2012 10:06:09 AM »

Thank you! The mosaic mirror is my proof that packratting is a good instinct. lol

I painted the vanity in the kids' room. It came as plain wood, so I put the mirror on and painted it. I might do it over again until I'm completely happy with it. I have little cat cutouts I might use on the kids' furniture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
ThistleHill
« Reply #1127 on: February 06, 2012 05:57:48 PM »

I was feeling neglectful of my crafting, so I took the last few nights off of working on the big house to work on my wee one Smiley

I now realize the most difficult part of wee house making is trying to get good pictures Smiley
I've never worked with clay or paperclay before so I ended up redoing most of of small items night #2, but it went much faster the second time through - and they are much sturdier Smiley  Live and Learn.

I was able to get the wood floor completed using the veneer tip that I saw on an earlier post and began working on my kitchen.  

This is supposed to be a gnome house - I am making it "pioneer-ish", the gnomes fab stuff out of found farm objects.

The utility table I picked up at my local dollar store and gave it a paint job, other items made out of paperclay.  Carrot slices and a mushroom being prepped for dinner (human sized, not gnome sized), little oven mitts ready and waiting Smiley  I made all the cookware (hopefully) solid enough to be played with, if my house turns out decent looking I intend to give it to my niece for Christmas next year (and then get to making my other nieces and nephews one).

Tree branch spiral staircase (I realized afterwards that the scale is a bit small but I liked it and didn't want to tear it apart.... tall gnomes will have to stoop a bit going upstairs Smiley

And after I got bored with the inside, I have started doing some outside work to change it up a bit.  I will be using egg cartons for the stonework and am still going to see if I can make a tin roof out of soup cans ... wish me luck !!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012 06:02:29 PM by ThistleHill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1128 on: February 06, 2012 06:35:38 PM »

Oh, that is awesome. Love the detail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/StudioLTD?ref=hdr_shop_menu Coupon code 'craftster' 10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd
Momof2!
« Reply #1129 on: February 07, 2012 04:25:25 AM »

Your house looks great! What did you make the staircase out of? Oh, and how do you plan on making a tin roof out of soup cans? My #1 choice for my wee house is a tin roof and I haven't figured out how I am going to do that. I was thinking of a faux paint job but really don't think I could make it look real enough. Never thought of cans! I'm excited to find out what ideas you have about the roof Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 203 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Vanilla Spice Nut Mix
Meatless Monday: Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...