I have been inspired by the other projects using tape measures
The Bow Broach by Skirt https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=22722.0
The Belt and Pin by Stargirl52https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=22625.0
But I wanted to make something smaller and lighter but still colorful and fun for summer. So I used my small 1/4inch wide spring tape measure that I got from the Dollar tree. (I got a Spring and a regular one for $1.00)
1 1/4inch wide spring roll tape measure (or any tape measure)
1 1/16inch hole punch
1 small brad closure
1 quilt/binding/hem clip (looks like a hair clip but it has a whole in the end)
1. To make it colorful.
Well my tape measure is white...so I used my Mini Sharpe and colored that thing up!!! I would test colors first to see what is bright but doesn't cover the tape measure's innate design.
2. Then I overlapped the loops to look like a bow. I cut the tails to match.
This was a test of the design but it shows you from the back what it should look like!
3. I marked where I wanted to make holes in each of the three layers.
4. Then I used the small hole punch to punch all the layers (you could use a pin to make the holes, it would be harder to do though)
5. Then I inserted the brad through al the layers of the tape bow and the clip.
6. Fold the ends of the brad back
7. Put the clip in your hair and smile! The end!