A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,811
Currently Running With Scissors:
282 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cousin It from the Addams Family  (Read 1587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2011 09:04:49 AM »

This year for Halloween I really want to be Cousin It.  I did it once as a child and it was awesome and I really want to do it again, however, I cannot find a wig or hair or anything that looks good and covers me from head to toe.  I am not that tall I am only 5'3" so I didnt think that it would be hard, but I had to abandon this idea last year because I never found anything that worked. 

I have looked online and  seen people do it with yarn but you can tell that it is yarn and i would love if I could figure something out that looked more like hair.

I thought about buying a few of the child repunzel wigs and putting some on my head and attaching some to a skirt to make it long enough but again I am scared that it will end up lookin awful. 

Since the people on Craftster are sooo talented and smart I thought that I would reach out for some help.  If anyone has any suggestions I will love them forever and ever!!!

Thanks for reading my super long post!! And for any and all help!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy <3<3<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011 05:05:48 PM »

I gotta say, this little girl looks pretty awesome!

I say go for it! I think your idea is great and totally workable. If you can't get the right sort of wig locally, here's a couple wigs I found on eBay that are reasonably cheap:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Womens-Lady-Godiva-Extra-Long-Blond-Blonde-Costume-Wig-/380361056623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f49216f#ht_3307wt_1139

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lady-Godiva-Rapunzel-Wig-5-Feet-Long-New-/270773438604?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item3f0b5ac88c#ht_1098wt_1139

Both have multiple available, so you can buy two or three and save on the shipping costs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011 07:51:51 PM »

Thank you soo much!! Those look great!  Yeah I saw that picture of the little girl! She does look great!  I know that walmart normally sells curly long repunzel wigs...I wonder if I wet them or brush them if I can figure out a way to straighten them?Huh hmmm!

Thanks soo much for the response and encouragement! I am determined to find a way to make this costume work!! Lol!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011 04:18:26 PM »

I recently straightened a wig for my room-mate using this method.

I didn't use a detangler and I caught the hot water in another basin to re-pour the hot water over the wig several times. Then I blow dried it on low while combing it out. I have uber-long hair myself, so I didn't have any problems with yanking much hair out of the wig.

Your biggest challenge will be to find a stand to put it on in the tub! I used a small aluminum chair, but since you need 3-5 foot long wigs, you may need to get a steel butler or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011 05:50:15 PM »

That is soo awesome!! I cannot wait to do this!! Thank you soooo much!! You have made my Halloween!! I cannot say thank you enough!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ember_demon

fun, fearless, flashy, freaky, funky, foxy, female

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011 12:30:28 AM »

You could get a few wigs, cut them down the part of the hair and hot glue them to a sheet. it would make the hair look layered though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Quilted Scissors Cozy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Brigaderios

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...