A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Offtoppic Chatter thread :)  (Read 6726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 07, 2011 09:51:01 AM »

Well girls of Ongoing wish swap here is a thread we can all chat off topic and keep our discussion thread clear of all family and or non craft chat Smiley

I will start it out...OMG Yesterday was the scary say of my life!!! We had our fundraiser for Cheer and football family fun day and OMG my lil Houston choked on a piece of hotdog and over 1.5 min. We had 2 RN's not able to get it cleared from him myself and one of our coaches. Finally the team doc was able to get it free she has UBER LONG fingers and was able to get it out of his esophagus and then Heimlich the rest out of his lungs. He will be OK we are now watching for signs of Pneumonia as the hotdog was aspirated into his lungs and that causes a bacteria to grow. GAHHHH these kids are going to be the death of me LOL...He is OK now but the doc ordered up the Helo to transport as he was w/o ox for so long. Blue and limp I have not ever been so scared!!! Thank goodness he popped back pretty quick from it and we did not fly off as not a chance in hell I would have gone in that thing I would have driven as I had Atlanta with me too .....Scary shit there boy!!!

Can you believe they conned me into being the cheer coach?? I  have been MIA somewhat with all the classes and school for it WHO KNEW and I have camp in a few hours today. I cant believe all that we have to go throught no wonder they cant get volunteers it is a ton of work behind the scenes!!
I think I might get my back broke today or a leg LOL they are treating all the coaches today as if we were Jr High cheerleaders again ROTFL..Yah, they may really need a helicopter on standby LOL... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ROTFL so If I dont get back online in the next 48 hours LOL look for me in the damn morgue or the hospital LOL OMG they are trying to kill me I think!! Pyramids in our 40's Ummm Yah right LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Averia
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011 11:13:55 AM »

You lead the most interesting life - Brings to mind the old chinese curse "May you live in interesting times". Any news yet on whether you will be moving to the Maryland/Virginia/DC area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011 11:58:01 AM »

That's for sure.  I am living vicariously thru Monica and the cool peeps like her that do fun stuff!  Smiley

At the moment I'm catching up on some work and watching Lana do her summer write-ups.  I was saving this for the last week right before school starts, but she got a bit bored at the craft show yesterday and read her books so I decided she might as well write them up.  It might be better anyhow since this way she can totally relax for 2 weeks before school starts.  Smiley

BTW, does anyone know why we can't chat on the crafting threads?  I never understood the big deal about it.  If we were crafting together at my place I'm sure that we'd be talking about kids, events, etc., not just talking about crafting. Anyhow that's my 2 cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011 12:01:52 PM »

BTW, does anyone know why we can't chat on the crafting threads?  I never understood the big deal about it.  If we were crafting together at my place I'm sure that we'd be talking about kids, events, etc., not just talking about crafting. Anyhow that's my 2 cents.
I agree. I find it unbelievably nit-picky. We're all in a crafting swap together and we're sharing about what's going on in our lives and our connection through the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011 03:18:07 PM »

I agree. I find it unbelievably nit-picky. We're all in a crafting swap together and we're sharing about what's going on in our lives and our connection through the swap.

I have to agree too. This is a craft forum, & crafty people chat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
babalina58

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011 06:31:22 PM »

Haha it is just one of the rules but haha we have here...I feel for the non FOC gals however Cry they will sure miss out but hummm we can claim them and gift FOC and a little something LOL or they can angel or get their own Smiley

OMG no we don't know where we are going but I will bet DC NO ONE wants to be there ROTFL in our world but shoot I will go in a heart beat Smiley
  We will know not now until Feb OMG leave me wait until then PRICKS yep I said it!!!

Well, I hurt form head to toe LOL I did not drop my flyer so yahooo I still have it from Highschool all but the limber and the good knees so no hurkeys for me LOL but it was so fun and learned some new flair to old cheers and we have a saying amongst Pop Warner coaches DON'T ASK YOUR GIRLS TO DO ANYTHING BUT JUMPS YOU WOULD NOT DO YOURSELF ROTFL!!! I am so glad I am having to go see my doc in the AM LOL he can help the old knees boy oh boy...

Houston is feeling better today but still watching over him. Poor kid did not want to eat dinner as he said NO I CHOKE LOLLY  Cry poor kid traumatized by dinner...I did give him a protein vitamin shake made for kids so not to worry he got some vitamins Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamiek79
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011 01:36:04 PM »

Does anyone ever post something they really love on a completed craft board and then get just slightly depressed when no one makes any comments??? It kinda irks me. So much so that when I see a post with no comments I try and make one. Sorry just had to put that out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011 03:16:19 PM »

Does anyone ever post something they really love on a completed craft board and then get just slightly depressed when no one makes any comments??? It kinda irks me. So much so that when I see a post with no comments I try and make one. Sorry just had to put that out there.
Yep, now I try to post early in the morning here so it's late in the day forum time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
gamemom42
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011 05:46:04 PM »

That happened to me when I first joined Craftster, and to be honest it bothered me so much I've rarely posted on those boards since.  I know that's silly, but it just hurt my feelings.  If you posted that bag you made for me on a board and it wasn't commented on, that's just crazy.  I do know that weekends are not the time to post pics.  A lot of people must get on Craftster at work or something, because they just disappear during the weekends.

Monica:  I'm so glad your little guy is okay.  Whitney choked on a purple lifesaver when she was eight years old.  It was so incredibly scarey.  My poor kids weren't allowed to have hard candy for years.

I think the no chatting rule is about the silliest thing I've ever heard.  That's all I'll say about it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011 11:53:30 AM »

Over the past week I have not been around at all much so I have not been keeping up with what people are posting...I look and look but don't make a lot of comments. Weird but I just don't not really... It does not mean that people dont love what you make but just some look and keep going to look  more or wist/pin things I do that a lot Smiley

I can't wait until this weekends I can get back to crafting all the time..I am just so beyond with what was NOT told to me when they conned me into talking over as a coach of our girls. I thought we had M/Th practice and games Sat well, yes but they forgot to tell in conditioning we have practice 5 days on and I have 2 schools and camp to make sure I am on the ball and not teaching incorrect or illegal moves for comp. WHAT!!!!!! GAHhhh I want my life back NOW!!

I am behind on crafting and cant get caught up until tomorrow I have a day off but have to take 2 trips in the am and late pm to Jacksonville to get my daughter enrolled in school but in between I will come home and get the last of my swap stuff out the door and relax a bit before the trip back down to pic them up! GAHHHHHH I am really over all of this drama with kids, grandkids and I just want to sleep in and then craft for a week solid and not be bothered Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...