A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
163 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Offtoppic Chatter thread :)  (Read 6725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a [email protected]$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011 12:11:39 PM »

Does anyone ever post something they really love on a completed craft board and then get just slightly depressed when no one makes any comments??? It kinda irks me. So much so that when I see a post with no comments I try and make one. Sorry just had to put that out there.

That drives me insaine! I can never understand why one post can have 500 replies and IM lucky to ever get 2. Its made me think my stuff isnt all that good so I dont do many posts anymore. I try and reply on others posts, especially if they dont have any yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011 12:34:05 PM »

Does anyone ever post something they really love on a completed craft board and then get just slightly depressed when no one makes any comments??? It kinda irks me. So much so that when I see a post with no comments I try and make one. Sorry just had to put that out there.

That drives me insaine! I can never understand why one post can have 500 replies and IM lucky to ever get 2. Its made me think my stuff isnt all that good so I dont do many posts anymore. I try and reply on others posts, especially if they dont have any yet.

Same here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011 02:12:40 PM »

i am starting to go a little batty with all the forums associate with this swap - the original, the discussion, the gallery, and now off-topic discussion!  my brain just does not work like this, to carry all these conversations at one time!

monica - my son is no longer allowed to eat hot dogs!  my heart stops just thinking about it!  when i took a cpr class they discussed hot dangerous dogs are because they flex to fit wherever, and sometimes heimlich cannot save them.  i'd be scared to eat again, too.

i've been doing a whole lot of nothing the last couple days.  our super fantastic surprise party for my parents is over, so no more slideshow to make or favors to cure.  ahhh.

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
Averia
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011 04:54:27 PM »

Would someone please delete my pinterest!!!! I can not stay away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011 05:21:02 PM »

Hehe, so far I've resisted the call of Pinterest...don't Facebook either because I know that I'd get addicted.  Smiley

back to sewing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011 08:57:06 PM »

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't been around Craftster as much as usual. My thesis is kicking my butt at the moment ...

But I'm still alive! Smiley

I'm the same with Facebook, I don't even dare sign up Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011 02:16:08 AM »

Hehe, so far I've resisted the call of Pinterest...don't Facebook either because I know that I'd get addicted.  Smiley

back to sewing...

Honestly, I've got a FBook acct and I could care less about it for the most part. I like keeping up with people but the constant ads, games and memes drive me up a wall. There is no way I will go to Google + as a result. I have other things to do with my time...like embroidery, crochet, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011 06:17:38 AM »

I felt that I might shrivel up and die if I didn't have a Pinterest account.  Skittlebub sent me an invite thinking there was some way to sign up without a Facebook account but I never could figure it out.  I did go over and create a Facebook account just to create my pinterest.  I didn't even create a profile or anything and have absolutely no idea how to even get back to it if I wanted to; so if you girls want pinterest you could do the same.  The only thing that has come of that Facebook account is an occasional email letting me know that "BIJILLIONS OF FRIENDS WANT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU".  I just delete those without opening them.

Now; on Pinterest.  It is highly addictive I'll admit, especially at first.  The thing is though, it is also an amazing place to organize recipes, craft tutorials, gift list for each family member, home projects, your various collections at a glance, craft swap wishes, your hoopla wall,  etc... It isn't just fun; used correctly, it is actually helpful.  I have one board called "Pins I have followed through..." or something like that.  I have already tried five of the recipes I pinned and we loved them all.  Okay; I'll stop being the poster child for Pinterest addiction now.  You girls really should try it though... just sayin'

Now I teeny whine... I don't know why, but it is still just annoying the pickles out of me to have to have this thread set up for us to chat.  K, I feel better now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011 08:43:54 AM »

Hehe, well I'll continue to live vicariously thru your pinterests!  If I got a Facebook acct I'd be in trouble if I didn't respond to all my friend invites.  My HS is very active on Facebook and 95% of my class is on it.  I don't want to get sucked in.  Smiley

Speaking of addictions....I'm gearing up for doing a few more craft shows.  At the last one I had so many people stop by to make nice comments that by the end of it I was floating on a cloud.  And it is so much fun to meet craftsters in person!!  Smiley 

I am excited because I just found a watch repair person that I can trust!!  I am planning to get my 76' Star Wars watch repaired (missing it's stem!).  It was a gift from my dad and one of the few presents he picked out himself so it has great sentimental value.  It's the blue banded one with R2D2 and CP30.  Heehee.

Happy crafting all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011 11:03:04 AM »

quick question.

is it better to have a crazy long list that includes the items to really want and and a few that you kinda want, or the bare minimum you must have but all the things you really want?  i feel like i put a lot of energy into making a list that has a lot of variety so more people can claim, but see a lot of lists where i cannot make a single thing on it.

frustrated.

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...