A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
286 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 146799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
jennythor
crafty where it counts

crafting and swimming will save the world

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2011 05:15:41 AM »

i joined this when it first came up but haven't yet had a chance to browse or pledge my commitment

now the birthday season is upon me

bf=sept 20=
then mom
bil 1=
cousin and the fun starts

for my bf. i'm at a loss, any help? hes a huge gamer and comic book fan,we're going to comic con in two weeks. also we live together so he tends to get most of what i make.

i'm thinking...cat toys for our 4 fur babies? dalek, cybermen...maybe something needle felted  Huh its always so hard for him

for my mom ill prolly be making her earrings, she loves funky earrings and i tend to make them for her bday and Christmas.

for my little bil, he's turning 14, has a high functioning form of autism. he also love vid-games i think his all time fav is still Zelda, so maybe a plush link? but i would love something that he could take to school...

and as i said the fun starts, im also doing the major Halloween swap, and trying to finish a commission. does anyone else have the problem of trying to make something that already exists therefor it has to be "perfect"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love to take part in personal swaps, I would love a poppet of my very own, or a doll like the ones made by Poppets & Lace
butterflyangel
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2011 01:38:41 PM »

i joined this when it first came up but haven't yet had a chance to browse or pledge my commitment

now the birthday season is upon me

bf=sept 20=
then mom
bil 1=
cousin and the fun starts

for my bf. i'm at a loss, any help? hes a huge gamer and comic book fan,we're going to comic con in two weeks. also we live together so he tends to get most of what i make.

i'm thinking...cat toys for our 4 fur babies? dalek, cybermen...maybe something needle felted  Huh its always so hard for him

for my mom ill prolly be making her earrings, she loves funky earrings and i tend to make them for her bday and Christmas.

for my little bil, he's turning 14, has a high functioning form of autism. he also love vid-games i think his all time fav is still Zelda, so maybe a plush link? but i would love something that he could take to school...

and as i said the fun starts, im also doing the major Halloween swap, and trying to finish a commission. does anyone else have the problem of trying to make something that already exists therefor it has to be "perfect"?

plush link for your bil sounds awesome !  Cheesy

for your bf, why not do the same and make like a plush...whatever his favorite comic character is. You can also make a mosiac picture or like a glittered version. (lol I made a glittered version of spider-man for a friend of mine who loves him and he loves it. Even if it was glitterfied  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

22/50
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2011 11:51:10 PM »

I am now enlisted to make a male friend a Yarmulke. It's also know as a kippah. And he wants a particular design on it. I don't have a crochet pattern. I'm going to work this out one row at a time! It has to be slightly curved at the top. making a flat round circle will not do. Does anyone have a pattern? I'm using #3crochet cotton, and a steel needle size1/2.75. The designs will be embroidered later. All I need now is to get the increases spaced right.

In another piece of my day, I am working on finishing up some samples that will be in craft kits for my E... The samples will be some of my holiday gifts.
I can't show pictures yet. But I will soon, after I am finished with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2011 12:01:07 AM »

I'm gonna get to juggle this with moving again probably. Ohwell, I'm excited.

Would it be lame to Post the birthday present i made myself with the supplies my mom got me as an early birthday present?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2011 07:02:27 AM »

I am now enlisted to make a male friend a Yarmulke. It's also know as a kippah. And he wants a particular design on it. I don't have a crochet pattern. I'm going to work this out one row at a time! It has to be slightly curved at the top. making a flat round circle will not do. Does anyone have a pattern? I'm using #3crochet cotton, and a steel needle size1/2.75. The designs will be embroidered later. All I need now is to get the increases spaced right.

Here are links to a couple of sites with patterns and whatnot:
http://www.eastsidefiberarts.org/topics/kippah/kippah/crochet.html
http://crochet-a-kippah.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2011 07:15:00 AM »

Sooo, now my stepmom is (I think) buying a costume for my baby girl (they tend to do things like this on a whim), which means I'll have two costumes for her. It's okay because we go to a fall festival at daycare/preschool and then something with my SIL (it changes each year, could be traditional trick-or-treating, could be a community event). This got me thinking however, that maybe I should scrap the Handy Manny idea for my boy and make him two costumes - a pirate to go with the mermaid costume (if my stepmom couldn't help herself) and a farmer to go with the chick/duck costume my mom is making. I don't sew though so any ideas on being as cheap as possible in little man's costumes? He wears school uniforms so I don't have much in the way of cast-offs I can sacrifice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2011 07:20:33 AM »

Farmer: Jeans, little plaid shirt, and a hat of some kind. Just check out the thrift stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2011 07:23:45 AM »

Thanks So much, NotKnit! I just printed off a basic pattern. It seems like I'm not too far off! K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2011 09:03:38 AM »

elliot_ann- I just pm'd you with a bunch of Navy ideas. Hope they're helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2011 11:26:32 AM »

I'm gonna get to juggle this with moving again probably. Ohwell, I'm excited.

Would it be lame to Post the birthday present i made myself with the supplies my mom got me as an early birthday present?

it's a homemade gift right??  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

22/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tutu for You
Stay Spooky
Meal Prep Monday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...