A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
253 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap round 3 :) Sign ups july 21-august 15 send october 7  (Read 113692 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RachaelD
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2011 04:40:45 AM »

Just sent through my questionaire.  Hope I got everything!  This will be my first swap!

Rachael
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011 05:11:39 AM by RachaelD - Reason: To spell my name correctly lol » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwality570
« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2011 06:29:19 AM »

8 more days seems like forever...so I'm doing what a lot of you all are doing - adding to my pinterest.  I can get lost there for hours.  Smiley  

If anyone else needs an invite to pinterest, just let me know.  I'm sure I have some.  It's really fun!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011 06:30:08 AM by kwality570 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

h-chan
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2011 09:01:33 PM »

Whoa, what a swap! I like this idea. I'll have to build up my wist and work on my questionnaire Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BANGTAN Style!
thingsivemade
Trying to sew the fabric of the universe with invisible thread is tricky.

A wielder of karma and scissors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2011 03:34:34 AM »

It's been a while since I posted here, so just updating and whatnot.
 Myself and hayleyhandmade partnered early and I'm happy to report that I've already made a start Smiley

Now, if only I could get more sleep and more time Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
Homerof2
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2011 04:10:43 AM »

This swap got me into Pinterest and I've almost switched all my wists to it.  When we get partners I'll have to give her that link rather than the wist one I had listed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2011 04:40:24 AM »

I've got to ask - what's the benefit of a Pinterest as opposed to a Wist? It sounds like people like it better but I haven't tried it out so I'm curious why everyone likes it, hehe. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3

The Best is Yet to Crumb! @yumsbycrumbs
My Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fluffypants
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2011 04:42:32 AM »

Pintrest is crazy. I had (have, it's still there) 155 things on my Wist. I have 784 Pins. Granted, not all of them are craft related, but it give a much clearer picture of my tastes and style, which means my partners get to exercise more imagination rather than just flat copying a thing off my Wist.

I know, I know, I've been talking far too much about Pintrest in this thread. But it excites me. I'm a nerd. I spend more time on there than Facebook these days, and that's saying something! In fact, my Pintrest obsession made it possible to recently spend three weeks completely off Facebook. Not a single 'like', link, or status update.

Just 700 odd pins.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2011 04:49:35 AM »

fluffypants, it starts out being the separate boards. Then you start following a few people, and you repin things they've pinned, because it's cool. Then the next thing you know you are following twenty people and have a stream of cool things on your home page that is almost as constant as Facebook with 100 friends. But better, because it's stuff you like.

I think the social aspect of it is what keeps me coming back multiple times a day. Also, the pictures are bigger than on a wist. And because I have separate boards for craft wants, and actual "I want this thing, please buy it" wants, I use it for my birthday list for my family to look at. Which means there is a whole load of commercially made things my partners can be inspired by too. And craft supplies. And tutes I want to try. It's better than a "one day I will..." bookmark folder for that because I see it more often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
aheartofglass
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2011 06:49:26 AM »

Silvermoon

I guess I started out he pintrest thing incorrectly... I pressed the "request invite" from the homepage and it sent me an invite. I followed that and it appears I'm "following" a bazillion people!
Most of the stuff it shows is not anything I'm interested in...
I can't get the pinthis button to work on my Explorer bar either... Undecided
I'm not completely sold on Pintrest yet lol! guess I'll have to keep working at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2011 06:56:41 AM »

I've never been able to get the pinthis button to work either. So usually I just have pinterest open in a tab and I use the url to add my pins. But mostly I just repin. Also you can unfollow people.

I need to really reorganize my pins before this swap starts though. Meh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...