A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Round 2 Gallery  (Read 86738 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kwiltykate
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2011 05:00:10 PM »

I can't even fathom how you do that knot work with fabric!
Tiny bias strips and lots of patience Wink

Love the cupcake hoop nilmerg!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edie22
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2011 05:26:08 PM »

I just wanted to apologize to the girls I was supposed to send to! I haven't been myself for a bit.  But I got the packages out in the mail and hopefully they arrive soon and things can get back to normal.  I truly love the hoops I received! Both the Harry Potter one and then the Rooster one are both awesome! Smiley  Thank you to both celticgoddess and Interrobam Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2011 07:11:12 AM »

I know that Troublet is having a crazy busy week which is why we had to have a breakfast meeting!  Smiley  So here's the hoop that I gave her and I love it!  And she loved it!  She squee'd very loudly in the middle of The Flying Biscuit (awesome resturant featuring the fluffy flying biscuits).  Cheesy

She was very glad that I made his eyes look off the the side because (like me) when the eyes are looking straight on, they're kind of creepy.  However, I also left the leaves that define his face mostly open so that we could actually see his face.  I didn't want him looking like a pile of leaves.  And thank you nilmerg for your helpful opinion!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011 07:15:43 AM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2011 07:17:51 AM »

Ooooh beautiful job on the Green man! Can I have one too? Nice fabric choice to go with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2011 07:20:44 AM »

Thank you Ffrogg for post a picture for me! ..and yes, I did the Happy Me dance in the middle of a very busy restaurant. Cheesy

I think that my Green Man is absolutely AMAZING!

I'm going to add him to my wall tonight and hopefully post a pic of my hoopla wall as well.

...and now I head back out the door for another brunch date.

I start back to school next Thursday the 28th. Sad
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011 07:22:15 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2011 07:24:28 AM »

Love him! The eyes looking off to the side really made him friendly and not terrifying as they usually are, nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2011 07:32:09 AM »

The fabric choice was kind of serendipitious!  Smiley  After doing the color scheme round of hoopla I got stuck in trying to do things monochrome and it suddenly struck me that I could use a different color!  *dur*  And I frantically went digging through my fabric for browns before leaving for a trip to GA and happen to come across this one that looked like cut logs to me.  But I'm very happy with it.  Cheesy  Thanks for the kind comments y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RetroGypsy
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2011 08:28:48 AM »

Here is the hoop that I made for Retrogypsy. She recieved a few days ago, but must have been having trouble posting pictures. I made her 'a cupcake with a difference'. Her list also said she liked wings. so I figured, why not combine the 2!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/nilmerg5/craftster/IMG_1976.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/nilmerg5/craftster/IMG_1978.jpg

Thank you nilmerg for posting this!!! Our modem at home pooped on us, so I can't get on-line at home...I've been going online through my phone and sneaking on here at work and planned to sneak on and post my pics this afternoon.  This cupcake with a diff is just beyond perfect for me!!!! My boyfriend was even impressed, and it is hard to impress him with items other people make  Wink.  When I opened the package and unwrapped the tissue I had a grin on my face from ear to ear because of this awesome cupcakeness!!!!!!  *jumping up and down* Thank you - Thank you -Thank you again  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011 09:01:49 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: Please don't quote photos, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RetroGypsy
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2011 08:31:59 AM »

Ooh...also wanted to gie major kudos to kwiltykate for that knotwork...WOW WOW WOW!! And that GreenMan is just too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZidishaLuxe
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2011 01:05:15 PM »

Geez, the last few pieces were awesome! And the stitching on that greenman is just beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...