A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,258
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "HAN IN A BOX" mini shrine OTT star wars  (Read 1368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

erica_tattoos
« on: May 10, 2011 07:03:16 AM »

hey all! so i participated in the OTT star wars swap, and i made this lil shrine for Ryn. She's posted a few pics over on the gallery, but i had so much fun making it and took so many pics, i thought i'd share some of my own...... Grin

here's the front - i covered it with this awesome scrapbook paper that looked like leather, then pasted a han outline on the front and painted over it with different tones of acrylic paint.

front opening of box - i thought this quote amusingly appropriate!  Wink

inside the box......

the first panel.... i call this "sexy han"!

the second panel - millenium falcon! textured black and silver scrapbook paper, a scrapbook starwars sticker, and some "meteors" kindly donated to me by my pet goldfish! he said he was remodeling his aquarium, and didn't need these particular rocks anymore...  Cheesy

here's panel three, and the most labor-intensive! i carved carbonite-han out of sculpey, then glued him down with hot glue and textured around him with gel medium - painted the whole thing with silver acrylic and added some accents. the shiny button you can't see too well is a sticker of chewie. here's an in-progress shot of han:

here's the 4th panel! i found this lil pic online of a "newspaper clipping" of an ad for 'cloud city ship repair' and it made me giggle - so i printed it on a piece of newsprint paper and tore the edges, then got the idea to put it with "i've got a bad feeling about this" han... again - just seemed appropriate!  Cheesy

the back of the box - image, of course, stolen off the internet and dressed up with a lil painting and one of Ryn's favorite quotes. (i tried to get all of her favorite quotes on here and then added a few of my own or ones that seemed to fit with what was going on in the particular panel

action shot!

and don't forget artoo!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcbeth
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011 08:32:58 AM »

Wow amazing! How did you do the Han in carbonite with the sculpey? Was it just free handed? I've been wanting to do a larger one for my wall.

Forgot to add, This Rocks!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011 08:36:02 AM by mcbeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TimetravelingArchaeologist
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011 09:49:06 AM »

I am seriously impressed with your sculpey work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost. - Dante Alighieri, Inferno
erica_tattoos
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011 12:16:49 PM »

thanks guys! yep, he's freehand, but of course pretty tiny. this is pretty much the first time i've done anything with sculpey (i made a cane for a stuffie with it!) and it was cool, but wayyyyy too super soft. (thankfully carbonite han is flat on his back - but those fingers were a beast!) anybody know of a similar product that's a bit firmer they've enjoyed working with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011 02:42:47 PM »

I've never been a big Star Wars fan but I've always been a big Harrison Ford fan... especially young Harrison Smiley. This is awesome!! All of the details are so fun. I'm sure Ryn LOVED it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...