A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,730
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea cup and plates  (Read 7530 times)
Tags for this thread: teacup  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011 12:59:29 PM »

oh wonderful!  You just gave me an idea of what to do with these glass candlestick holders I have been lugging around for years...I think I might use some of my old china...I checked ebay and found sets like this but for a lot more money!  Does it have any markings on the back? I think the thrift store is next... Cheesy

50 Projects 2018 35/50
372 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011 04:09:44 PM »

I hope I describe this well enough for you to understand because I can't find the pic to upload. Three ideas:
1. make a clock out of a dinner plate using movements and hands from craft store.
2. make a bird feeder out of the teacup and saucer by drilling a hole through center of each andplacing a washer between each component then screw onto a post and fill with birdseed.
3. my favorite: use a vinyl cutting machine to write in a fancy font, "These are a few of my favorite things" then hang your plate collection on the wall in a pleasing layout then adhere a vinyl word to each plate. These can be easily removed for use later. It looks so beautiful and homey...yet remains non permanent.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011 05:38:02 AM »

If you dont mind drilling holes in it, you could turn the set into one of those tiered sweet displays.
You would need a center post and some washers big enough to support the saucer and teacup but could turn our really pretty.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011 10:42:15 AM »

I would make it into a beautiful, water fountain.You'd need to drill holes into the  two top smaller ones. The big plate would be the base.Anyway, you'd need a small fountain kit. Or I'd use a fish tank water bubbler, that includes all the accessaries.And put that together.Or another idea would be to use Silver candle holders, and weld them together to make a hanging flower basket.
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011 04:54:33 PM »

This probably won't be helpful to you but I am in the process of gathering a large collection of dishes and cups for my first picassiette furniture project. That means I would break them lol.

You can write about your self/product/blog/store... on my blog. Write a guest post.

Mosaic Ideas
unruly girl who will not settle down: must be taken in hand

turn my bones to milk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012 03:18:45 AM »

This probably won't be helpful to you but I am in the process of gathering a large collection of dishes and cups for my first picassiette furniture project. That means I would break them lol.

wow, that's amazing. I would love to see the finished thing.

how did you get the gilt edges in that picture? did you just paint them or is it real metal?
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012 12:06:33 AM »

It would pain me to damage the lovely pieces, but if you choose, lamp parts make good connecting pieces for tiered servers.
Use a ceramic/cement bit to drill 1/2" holes in each piece, use all-thread rod and nuts plus decorative metal tubes to hide the all-thread.
I just made a three-tier cupcake server with christmas plates and bits of old lamps.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
my website  http://wingsnthings.tripod.com/
my ebay  https://tinyurl.com/steiconi
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013 09:57:04 PM »

Lovely garage store find!  You could sew a little ball or felt some wool, put the round shape in the cup, and use the cup as a pincushion. That way, you wouldn't be damaging or altering the set, in case you wanted to use it later.

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013 08:40:27 PM »

How about using the larger tasse plate to frame a photo?  Using rubber cement, center a wallet-ish sized pic, then display in a plate holder.

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Corgi Puppy!
Bunny Wannabes
Meatless Monday: Calzone

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...