A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
218 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Alice in Wonderland Plush and Functional Art Collection (IMAGE HEAVY!)  (Read 16267 times)
Tags for this thread: alice_in_wonderland  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2011 10:11:58 PM »

Hi there! First of all, let me apologize for doing yet another Alice in Wonderland post. What can I say? I love all things Alice and can't stop making crafts inspired by it (as I sit here working on a new Alice project tonight).

Secondly, you may have seen the Mad Hatter Wreath I posted a few weeks ago and I mentioned wanting to make a whole set of my favorite characters in tiny plush form, with functional pieces to go with them. Well...I did it. And I love them all!

To start, here is a teaser photo of all the plushes:

First, I will start out with our heroine and the namesake of the story, Alice:

I can hang my favorite scissors from this one. I have a million pairs of scissors for different purposes, but this allows me to find the ones I use the most, quickly and easily. The Cheshire Cat is attached by velcro, so he can be removed. Alice obviously drank the bottle and grew too big for the house. Silly girl!

Next up, is the one who got her caught up in the whole mess (adventure!) to begin with, the White Rabbit:

I am constantly losing my DC numbers and it drives me nuts. So I made this specifically for them! The clock is a reference to my Wonderland wedding. We got married at 6:00. Smiley

As we wander through Wonderland, who shall we meet? Why, it is the Mad Hatter himself!

I know I have posted this before, but I felt it was necessary to include in this post for the whole set to be seen completely. It comes with a pin cushion hat and the playing cards also reference my Wonderland wedding date.

Continuing our journey, two quirky little fellows can be found, known as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum:

These are pretty self-explanatory. Smiley

Finally, the Queens can be found at the end of our Adventure:

Queens' cabinet! The box on top holds a small notebook since I am a compulsive list maker, and a small address book for all my swapping buddies' addresses. The trinket box holds my tacs for the White Rabbit Board. The drawers are for paperclips and one is for my bracelets. (I am always taking off my bracelets in here while I work on anything and end up losing them or my cat steals them!)

So there you have the whole set! I worked really hard and had to get creative in making them "functional" pieces. I am so proud of the end result! This is them in my studio:

The Hatter wreath is in my living room with my tea set for now. I will make room for it with the others after I get a frame to put in place of where it is hanging now. Smiley

I hope you all enjoy this and as always, thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011 11:32:33 PM by SpookyPooky » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZombriNation
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011 10:32:16 PM »

Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum are way to cute not to love!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your past is just a story. And once you realize this it has no power over you.
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011 10:35:45 PM »

Thank you! They are possibly my favorite part of the set. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011 10:44:44 PM »

Can I just say how thoroughly, utterly, and painfully jealous I am!? So, so, so jealous!! I wish I had the talent to make these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011 10:55:44 PM »

hehe, thank you, thank you!! That is very sweet of you to say!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faeriegirl
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011 11:24:49 PM »

these are GOLD  I love your work ! yes toys with a purpose !  genius !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011 11:26:45 PM »

Thank you!! Yes, I feel less guilty about filling my space with unnecessary toys if they serve a purpose somehow. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011 12:49:03 AM »

squeee! this is so freakin' adorable!! the cheshire cat and the tweedle D's are my favorites Smiley so cute I can't stand it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011 01:00:53 AM »

I know a million people are going to say these are awesome, but.. these are awesome! I adore the style of them all, the white queen is very effective considering how much simpler she is than some of the other characters, and the Cheshire cat is totally adorable. I especially love the way you've managed to make them practical - I too find it hard to justify making toys for myself if I can't make them useful in some way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011 01:08:30 AM »

squeee! this is so freakin' adorable!! the cheshire cat and the tweedle D's are my favorites Smiley so cute I can't stand it...

Thank you! That makes me feel better because I have been kind of iffy on the Cheshire Cat, but I am relieved to know he is liked!  Cheesy

I know a million people are going to say these are awesome, but.. these are awesome! I adore the style of them all, the white queen is very effective considering how much simpler she is than some of the other characters, and the Cheshire cat is totally adorable. I especially love the way you've managed to make them practical - I too find it hard to justify making toys for myself if I can't make them useful in some way.

hehe, thank you!! Yes, the White Queen was hard to do and get the point across so thanks! I really appreciate all you just said! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...