Are you tired of wearing the jacket without any accessory?
Do you want to get rid of all those little pieces of fabric, buttons, christmas fruits, etc, etc?
Are you tired of sewing the holes of that important favorite and unique shirt that you use at least once per week?
We have the solution!
Average time? 15 minutes.Materials:
1. Piece of old fabric
2. Pieces of felt that you were going to throw away
3. thread and a needle of any color
4. Buttons, beads, Christmas fruits or any other accessory to embellish your applique and you want to get rid off.
1. Take the piece of cloth, and cut it so it has 8 cm height and roll it all the way around. (the length can be your own choice, if you want a bigger applique the fabric must be long)
2. Once your piece of cloth is rolled we will take one of the corners and start sewing all around in spiral.
3. Cut the fabric or sew all the length and finish the spiral hiding the last piece of fabric. It should have circular shape. Not completely but kinda.
4. Cut the pieces of felt in form of petals. It does not matter the size they will look nice if are different
. Mine are in different colors, because all the felt pieces I wanted to get rid of were in several colors.
5. Insert the needle in the middle of the fabric flower and add all the petals one by one sewing the beginning of them. At the end you will have a huge line that look like tibetan flags!
6. Push all the petals to the center of the flower, arrange them in the way you would like to have them (I like them messy) and sew.
7. Take the accessories you want to put in your applique and sew them in the middle. I am using some Christmas decorations that Mariatta gave me and I have thousands of them!
8. Voila! Your applique is ready and now you can decide where to use it. I will use it with my jacket and maybe in my hair sometimes
Let me know if you try this tutorial and show me your results! Hope you enjoy it.