A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
285 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Matchbox Swap round 5 Gallery  (Read 89780 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2011 06:54:47 AM »

holy dia de los muertos shrine!!! The bar = definitely raised. I don't think I will ever look at a matchbox the same again! Great swap!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FrankSpinello

kid6o6 loves me

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2011 01:52:52 PM »

Oh ho! I am enamoured of a box.............

This is just the packaging, love all that anatomical stuff Smiley

Inside, more packaging in the form of this beautiful material

On to THE BOX! (This made me giggle because the beads look like little rodent droppings. Happy accident or the work of a genius?)

This box is so ace. Teachart, you did good  Grin
I had put down my likes as DEVO and small mammal anatomy, the two have been very successfully merged. If only rodents did indeed run around wearing wee power domes.

The insides spilled out. Great little ice cream sticker, this is deffo going on my little vestax record player. Lots of great little beads and sequins and buttons. A very cute seed bead ring, a dead good fish pendent. And some excellent inchies to start off my (one day impressively huge) collection.
And to top it all off, this little dinger was waiting at the bottom of the draw  Cheesy

I don't want to be too gushing about this but, Teachart, this was a truly excellent first swap for me. Thank you very very much. Hopefully you will get yours soon and will like it half as much as I love my wee DEVO box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for a personal swap Smiley
Fings what I like   http://pinterest.com/frankspinello/
teachart
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2011 04:31:33 PM »

I'm so glad you like your box FrankSpinello! The bigger box is actually a box of kitchen matches!

The rodent droppings are too funny. I wish I could credit that to my genius, but alas, it was not. That was a result of me trying to cram just a couple of more things into the matchbox  Cheesy

The ice cream cone was from a Garfield colorform set I had in the '80's- anyone remember them? Basically just little plastic pictures that stick to a board by static (or something like that!)

Welcome to the addictive world of swapping! I had a great time swapping with you- maybe we'll be paired up again in the future!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2011 04:34:53 PM »

I still have a Pee Wee Herman colorform set!  I love the Devo Squirel LOL.  Fun matchbox Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
microjivvy
« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2011 04:48:20 PM »

Sorry I've been absent from this thread -- I've been out of town for a family wedding.

I'm so glad the day of the dead skelly was a hit -- honestly, I did NOT plan to make her, she just sort of happened, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
microjivvy
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2011 06:36:51 PM »

I received this sweet camera box from nilchihuahua:

Sadly, a bit of really tough glue snuck in between the drawer and the cover, so I mangled the drawer a bit getting it out (but I had to get it to see the pic in the drawer!):

The drawer was filled with a faboo collection of little charms.  My fave is the art nouveau fairy.  I can't get too attached to the arrowhead, because I'm fairly certain Mr. Jivvy will be stealing it.  Cheesy

Thank you, nilchihuahua!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Killam Creative
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2011 07:07:40 PM »

Everything is just some much cuter when it's small....even grave yards!  That is too cool Grin

Haha! So true!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't make it with your hands.
You form it with your hands.
You make it with your mind.
                Edgar Tolson, 1971

Pinterest
Blog
microjivvy
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2011 07:26:54 PM »

I received the most fabulous box with the most fabulous wrapping from missmlissa:

First, this elephant.  I love love love this elephant and he is definitely NOT going in a craft project for someone else -- he is mine and he is never ever leaving. Not to ruin the suspense, but yes, he's my favorite part of a box where I had many wonderful items to choose a favorite from, lol.

Did I mention that I LOVE him?

The matchbox wrappings also included three layers of a wonderful fibre-y paper (in three different colors) and I'm fairly certain part of it is going to end up in a project I'm working on right now.

And now... the actual box -- a wonderful double-decker curiosity cabinet -- complete with lock and some wonderful old keys (missmlissa was very clever in getting all sorts of "within the rules" supplies attached before I even opened the box, lol):

See that beautiful giant metallic blue bug?  She's a magnet, but that's not all:

Steampunk gloriousity!

The obligatory packed drawer (breathing easier now that it's out of the matchbox, lol):

Before I show you all the unpacked goodies, you have to see the art piece drawer:

That's definitely going into either some sort of display or collage of stuff I love.

All the little goodies.  There's a ton of good stuff packed in here -- wonderful metal buttons, beautiful little blue "mother of pearl" shells (also a likely candidate to go in a project I'm working on right now), beads, gears, wee little tarot cards (!), and more wonderful stuff.

My favorite?  Did I mention the elephant? I LOVE HIM.

Thank you, missmlissa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
microjivvy
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2011 08:14:37 PM »

Even I will admit that fox is too tiny to be sensible. Cheesy I can't tell you how many times I thought I'd lost him while I was painting him and then setting him aside to dry.

As to the hinges?  Yep, they're in my "way too big, but maybe I'll find a use for them" box.  Wink

I know, the wait is driving me crazy!

I love the way "decorate a matchbox" has turned into "hide a matchbox"! So many brilliant interpretations of a basic idea, and the stuff inside is just as fabulous. (How tiny is that fox, anyway?) Microjivvy, I know that for you, this is working in large scale, but those tiny hinges made my eyes pop out! Shocked

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Foxy Sam
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2011 01:29:53 AM »

Wow amazing variety of awesomeness!  And here is some more to add to it...

I recieved a lovely package from Meowari today...THANK YOU!!!   Grin I love everything!

The beautifully wrapped and presented matchbox...I love the moon, so this pendant is awesome!!!

The first thing I saw when I unwrapped the lovely box from Meowari

Awesomest trees and night sky...wow...fab!

The beautiful box just opened to reveal it's hidden treasures

The most jaw dropping wonderful and beautiful blue dragon that I am in love with!

A magnificent mini tree of life!

The awesome tiny treasures of a variety of lovely splitpins and cool stripey paperclip

And because I think they are just so amazingly awesome here is a close up of the fantastic trees

Another angle on all the extra loot...how cool is that...I so lucky! It was nice to do a little side swap of things...thanks Meowari!

Thank you so so so so so much I love everything...off to goggle at the gloriousness shortly  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...