A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
182 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 7  (Read 52705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ollieorange
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011 06:37:22 PM »

I received from edie22! Great package!
The loot includes: monster hoops, a super soft shawl/scarf, potholders inspired by my wists. Also there are some buttons, quarters and ribbon all in my favorite color- orange!
Thanks edie22, you have some mad crochet skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindzyt
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011 09:08:09 PM »

Alright, camera found and pics taken.  Let the oohing begin!  Smiley  Be forewarned, big pic heavy post here.

Ok dear partner, you were on the narrowed down list but I have to admit I didn't guess.  It seems we share a habitual lateness in life.  My mom likes to joke that I was even born late!  lol  Still, no worries.  This box made the wait totally worth it.

I almost didn't go to the post office today, just got off work after a very long day where Murphy's Law was in full glory today.  Decided to stop anyway where I found this waiting for me

All the stickers are great!  This one has to be my favorite though  Smiley

It was all I could do not to open it in the car.  Had to be patient, something like this needs time to go through.  Smiley
Finally get home and open it up to find a ton of goodies

(I'll get to the "boring" package in a moment)

Start opening and let the squees begin!  I must have known something subconsciously - at work (I work at the local zoo, today I was in the IMAX theater) I had a chance to watch one of our movies.  I watched "Alaska"
This is what I opened first in this box of lovelies

Inside the envelope with "the world's least impressive drawing of a peacock" (which I rather liked actually  lol) are a little clue.  Some awesome postcards from my partner's state: Alaska! 

Another small package.  Magnets to add to the collection on my fridge.

I love these.  I've been wanting to travel up there for years now, ever since my grandparents went the first time.  They loved it there and their stories were so vivid, I want to see it for myself.  Smiley

Plus a few extra goodies.
A Pez rubber duck (love! the candy and the duck!), a bird mobile to make, and most importantly a purple sketchbook!  Just the right size to stick in my purse.

Then on to the larger packages.

First some napkins for my table.  I have a vintage 50's table with chrome and a black top with white swirls.  These will go perfect on it, just the right touch!  I love jewel tones, especially purple and deep reds.  Smiley  Each one has a unique pattern in tiny beads.  A little sparkle for the table.  Smiley

Next - a pillow for my couch.  Beautiful embroidery of an octopus.  Again my partner got it all just right.  There was some serious squeeing when I opened it.  The whole octopus is deep red, for some reason the pic makes it look pink, on a brown plaid.  I love embroidery though it totally escapes me, so I admire anyone who has a talent for it.  Smiley

And the best part of this whole package?  Harold!!!!!
One of my all time favorite books is Harold and the Purple Crayon.  I still have my copy from when I was a kid.  Plus she added my favorite quote!  LOVE LOVE LOVE  This is going up on the living room wall where everyone can see  Cheesy

The "boring" package is the glass for the frame.  This is beyond awesome!

Everything unwrapped and piled together

This was such a great swap.  I would love to do another round!

My awesome, talented partner is none other than...

S is for Summer

I love everything!  Thank you so much for making a great package! 
I hope school is going well.  If your schedule is anything like mine you're probably dealing with finals about now.  Good luck!

Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011 09:11:02 PM by lindzyt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
- Picasso
---------------------------
Current Swaps :

Have to take a short break from swapping  Sad  Life has gotten in the way
S is for Summer
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011 10:39:52 PM »

Yay!!! It made it!  I'm so glad you liked everything!  I felt so terrible about mailing late that I had a nightmare last night that it never got to you, and instead wound up somewhere in Africa.  x)

Out of curiosity, did the glass for the picture frame survive the trip?  I didn't hold great hope as I had no idea how to package it, but some part of me is morbidly curious.  It's a little like Will It Blend... Did It Break? Wink

It is indeed finals week here, too.  I'll definitely be glad when it's done! 

And if you ever might make it to Alaska, keep my contact info.  Smiley  It would be pretty darned cool to get to meet one of my swap partners. Smiley

Summer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2011 02:09:17 AM »

Wow, such fantastic packages!!  I love the subliminal hoop.  Sittting here eagerly awaiting post.  PLEASE let my package come today!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2011 03:27:13 AM »

Oh my goodness!  Shocked I love that Harold and the Purple Crayon piece! That was absolutely my fave book growing up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2011 06:57:48 AM »

i received an absolutely wonderful and exceedingly thoughtful package over the weekend.
please grab a comfy seat and a mug of coffee, and delight in these photos with me.  there will be alot.  fair warning.   Wink

i was seriously spoiled!!  my stalker even picked up some goodies for me on her vacation to England.  how lucky am i?

the first thing i opened was this lovely cigar box, featuring romeo y julieta.  love it!

and inside is a world of lovely whimsies & ephemera

(pretty papers with lots of birds, nature, & patterns, old postcards - one even has writing on it!, panda magnets, panda tissues, a mini jar full of delicate shells & a completely rusted bottle cap that i adore, tons of foreign stamps, train tickets, russian nesting dolls, and packets of seeds)

gratuitous photo of the nesting dolls because they're so gorgeous - the smallest one is super tiny.  my favorite!

and there were also some handmade things in the box too!

some almost-too-pretty-to-use plant markers

and some perfect amelie magnets

next i found these wonderful planting pots (that are too darn pretty to fill with dirt - i'm going to turn them into hanging lanterns for the backyard instead)  Smiley

what's in these beautifully wrapped packages you ask?

gorgeous jewelry!

a very pretty bracelet

a beautiful robin's egg necklace with pretty whimsies trapped inside

(back)

(front)

some much loved and appreciated extras:

my favorite (vegetarian) roasted chicken chips from the UK (!!!)
some gorgeous and soft yarn from the UK (!!!)
and a belt that is completely and absolutely just my style. 

and who could have sent me such a delightful, whimsical, lovely package??

the remarkable, thoughtful, & talented JacquelineD!!!

thank you so much!!  i love everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2011 07:25:21 AM »

These are great packages! I especially love the sloth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JacquelineD
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2011 08:29:03 AM »

hoooray! I'm so glad you liked everything Sugaree! It was so much fun creating for you because we have such similar tastes....though I had to resist the urge to claim everything I made  Wink

Now, round 2!!!!! This was too fun!

Also, I received from my AMAZING stalker a couple weeks ago (ack, I know, I'm terrible) and I will be posting pictures this evening. Seriously, I don't know what I did to get such an amazing partner...just wait til you see what she made for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindzyt
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2011 10:44:10 AM »

Yay!!! It made it!  I'm so glad you liked everything!  I felt so terrible about mailing late that I had a nightmare last night that it never got to you, and instead wound up somewhere in Africa.  x)

Out of curiosity, did the glass for the picture frame survive the trip?  I didn't hold great hope as I had no idea how to package it, but some part of me is morbidly curious.  It's a little like Will It Blend... Did It Break? Wink

It is indeed finals week here, too.  I'll definitely be glad when it's done! 

And if you ever might make it to Alaska, keep my contact info.  Smiley  It would be pretty darned cool to get to meet one of my swap partners. Smiley

Summer

Don't worry about sending late, that's usually what ends up happening to me.  We really do share a perpetual lateness!  lol 

The glass did survive  Smiley  I put it in the frame after taking pics.  Packed very nicely.  I always worry about sending glass, there's just no good way to pack it really. 

I always plan at least one big trip a year.  Might just have to make it up to Alaska next summer!  Guaranteed you'd have a big hug coming.  Cheesy 

thank you so much again!  You did an incredible job.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
- Picasso
---------------------------
Current Swaps :

Have to take a short break from swapping  Sad  Life has gotten in the way
littlebluegirl
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2011 08:53:54 PM »

Mm, suddenly have a hankering for roast chicken crips.  It's 4.53am though...

On a crafty note, that bracelet is gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...