A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
252 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 7  (Read 57544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2011 11:01:15 AM »

I've just completed feedback for everyone that has sent and received!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer6061
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2011 12:38:10 PM »

I really hope my partner likes what I sent!! Hopefully we'll find out today.  Lol. I hadn't experienced too much swapper anxiety, I guess it just hit me.    Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2011 02:05:13 PM »

Here's what I got from my stalker. I was spoiled indeed...

She got me a kit to learn to crochet and a Vogue Knitting magazine as well as some yarn and a couple of knitting needles:

A bag to keep my knitting projects in. It is so great! It has tons of pockets.. Practically everything is a pocket! Seriously! The "Knit" panel on the front is a pocket!

She sewed reusable snack bags (which are awesome because I take my lunch a lot and don't like throwing away plastic bags all the time.) They have velcro on the top so nothing can spill out! And I think the black part on the front was painted with chalk paint, so I can even label what's in them (great for road trips) or draw pictures on them. Smiley

Inside the bags were Mexican snacks! I can't wait to try them, especially the suckers, which are covered in chili powder. I think I'm going to try the lime salt on a margarita hehe.

I'm a Creative Writing student, but the next school year after I graduate, I'll be teaching math through Teach for America, and all my friends make fun of me for being a math teacher, so she made me this:

Oh, and remember that box? You want to know what was inside? Of course you do! It was this great painting with a quote from Kurt Vonnegut, one of my absolute favorite authors! I even just ordered his two newest books from Amazon this week.

And the lovely lady who made all of this was..............

Summer6061! Thank you! You were actually the second person I guessed, but I wasn't sure because you were really good at making clues that related to me but could also be someone else (like specific and vague at the same time). The one clue that threw me off a little was the "you aren't an only child." I'm not, but I wasn't sure how she'd know that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Averia
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2011 03:04:09 PM »

Who knew there were so many math geeks on craftster! The cup is wonderful! and I love the knitting bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2011 03:21:31 PM »

So many nice things have traveled the usps in this swap.  I haven't seen anything I wouldn't want to have, but a few of my favs are the wonderful quilted turtle, the candy corn cannibals,  and that knit bag full of pockets.  

Now I'll add my own great goodies to the gallery.  This post is pic heavy but that's only because the box was goodie heavy.

When the box arrived I wasn't home.  My daughter called to tell me our male cat was eating the box from the outside.  She had to hide it until I could get home.  Could there be kitty treats inside?

Yep!  Wonderfully catnippy pillows of fun for the kitties.  They have licked them, loved them, thrown them, fought over them, and sat on them.  Sorry no action shots, I was too busy enjoying watching them to take any.

Next, a ginormous pincushion.  I use my ping pong table to pin quilts and such, so this will be perfect for that large area.

I admit I had to ask my stalker what this next little pair was ( obviously having a slow day).  Once she told me it was a sundress and purse for my granddaughter's doll, I fell in love with it.  These will be in her Easter basket.

I was thrilled beyond thrilled with this next thing.  A big stack of large note cards!  I despise sending mass produced note cards, and I won't have to for quite a while now.  The first set is stamped and scrapbooked?.  The second set has actually photos!  I love them all!

Believe it or not, there's more.  This adorable taggy blanket!  

At this point, I started combining things because I realize the amount of photos is pretty crazy.

A pretty decopauged box with a macrame' keychain and earrings inside.  A victorian looking little scrapbook/journal
and a tea wallet!

Three wonderful "old?" animal prints, a ton of cute scrapbook squares and tags, and a little packet of quilling pieces, a tiny snowman cross stitch kit, and "handmade by" tags.

And finally, the biggest tote bag you can imagine!  It is so big I had to fold it over, almost in half, to get the picture.  It has a big pocket on front.  I have tons of small/medium bags but I need large ones so badly.  I will use this practically every day of my life!

Everything is great and I appreciate it all so much!  I think I already gave it away in an earlier post, but just in case you didn't see it, drumroll please.......

This awesome crafter is Mom2em!  

( and btw, you have amazing taste in fabric)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2em
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2011 03:55:25 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything!  I had major swap anxiety as I'm still a beginner sewer so was worried the sewn things wouldn't be good enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
stacysews
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2011 06:04:39 PM »

I'll admit it.  I stalked my mailbox and today it finally paid off!   Grin  I was totally spoiled by my partner and she did a wonderful job creating a package for me!  Here's everything together:

There was a pair of wrist warmers and they are snuggly!  I hid these - I opened when my daughter wasn't around and she usually runs off with them.  2 reusable bags in a great skull print - I love that they tie together so they fit perfectly in my purse!  A cute bag full of bobbin tamers (to keep my bobbins from unwinding) - these are so perfect because my son find the loose end and unrolls them... like he's walking a dog around the house!  A cookbook chook to hold my books open while I'm cooking - you can't see it, but it even looks like a chicken which is exactly the theme in my kitchen!  There were also Sour Patch Kids and Sour Patch Kids jelly beans (there's not too much left of either!), leaf pins (I almost bought some of these last weekend for myself!), and nail polish like what was on my wists.

PLUS! There were two AWESOME fabric baskets.  A patchwork version (which my daughter has 'claimed' will help keep her room organized) and a personalized, embroidered one (so no one could claim it!  Grin )  I love the variegated threads she used and best of all - they have covered inserts that keep the bottom of the basket firm (brilliant idea)!

A fabulous Dwight tin filled with pins (the photo does not capture it's awesomeness)

And a great mini travel tote with crayons and a covered notebook for my son.  He loves it (as you can tell he's hugging it all)!

My partner revealed herself in a very fun way... puzzles!  My son and I sat down and worked them (alright, he made drawings of his hand and I worked the puzzles) and found that......

The very talented Yarn or Fabric was my partner!  Thank you so much for the great package - we loved it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2011 06:16:30 PM »

I'm coveting this pins...What glue did you use to put the beads on?

Everyone is doing a great job of staking thier people it seems
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011 06:17:00 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2011 06:58:56 PM »

Pretty much the whole package I sent were things I had never made before. I had never done any hexagon quilting. I had never done an embroidery project, and had never made any tree pendants. In fact the only jewelry I've ever made was a birds nest pendant. So the turtle is a bit wonky(gives character), the pink trees were my starter ones and the green is the one I think turned out the best. That was even the first plastic bag holder I've made...and the first time I've worked with elastic. I really enjoyed crafting for you princesspimp! I gained a ton of confidence in myself with this swap. It couldn't have been more fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindzyt
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2011 07:15:56 PM »

goktrose you are a girl after my own punny heart.  Smiley  I had to make the lunch box!  Found the blank box and that's the first thing I thought of for you.  I discovered perler beads myself this year, though I swear I did them as a kid.  Everyone needs to try them at least once.  Cheesy

So many amazing things showing up.  My wist list is growing by the post!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
- Picasso
---------------------------
Current Swaps :

Have to take a short break from swapping  Sad  Life has gotten in the way
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...