A very simple change to make it fit in better with the room decor and to soften and warm the light. It was too much of a bright white before.
1. Start with a boring plain lampshade
2. Paint with watered down acrylic paint
3. Rip tissue paper and add in strips, glued in the centre
4. Apply glue to the top & bottom of the tissue, scrubbing a little to rough up the paper
5. Sprinkle on copper dust to adhere to the glue
6. Brush off loose powder
7. Sew old necklace around the base
8. Enjoy your new coordinated lampshade!
I want to find something that I can put over each flower centre, but for now it's done. Very simple, but it works, and it was free!