A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yummmmy dough balls :)  (Read 1582 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mbhookstar

ohhhhhh bungy!!!!!!!

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011 07:48:22 PM »

so every saturday i seem to be in a baking mood. then all week my fiance and i end up with all these sweets during the week-LOL! welllll we have decided we need to cut back butttttttttt i had the urge tonight and couldn't help my self! tonight i wanted instant gratification and something i could freeze and not go crazy on-lol-yeah right! anyhoo i decided to make chocolate chip dough balls! YUMMMMMM! the dough is my favorite part anyway! p.s. they are eggless so no worries! they were so easy too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Joyosaurusrex
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011 08:32:53 PM »

the dough is definitely the best part Grin what recipe did you use? Did you just take the eggs out of a cookie recipe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love; it will not betray you, dismay, or enslave you. It will set you free, to be more like the man you were made to be. There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see the beauty of love as it was made to be.
mashy

www.tashymakes.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011 02:37:27 PM »

They look yummy  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011 06:28:04 PM »

Man oh man! These look super!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
CeeJayRose
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011 08:36:59 PM »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I always eat the dough while I'm making cookies. Tongue I've actually made cookie dough JUST to eat (aka just take out the egg in my fave cookie recipe). Somewhere I saw a recipe for dough balls where it was just the basic cookie dough and then they coated them in chocolate afterwards. O_O That would be yummy. Mmm...chocolate...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a [email protected]$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011 08:06:00 PM »

I tired taking the eggs out of a simple cookie recipie and it didnt mix or taste right. I just eat it with the eggs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyosaurusrex
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011 11:21:02 AM »

I found an awesome cookie dough ball recipe and figured I'd just add it to this thread instead of starting a new one. I found it here: http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2010/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-balls/

1 stick (1/2 cup or 4 ounces) unsalted butter at room temperature

1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda (i know were not baking them, its for flavor)

3/4 teaspoons salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup Greek yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted for dipping

In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment (or with a large bowl and a wooden spoon) cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes in the machine.  Beat in yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter along with the vanilla extract and stir to combine. 

Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add all at once to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until incorporated.  Fold in chocolate chips and wanuts. 

Scoop large spoonfuls or ice cream scoops onto a  waxed paper lined cookie sheet.  Spear each dough ball with a cute plastic fork or a popsicle stick.  Place in the freezer overnight or until frozen, at least three hours.

When ready to dip the balls, melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan over a low flame or in the microwave.  Remove balls from the freezer and dip into warm chocolate.  Return to the lined cookie sheet and return to the freezer to harden.  Serve cold from the freezer. 

Yum!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love; it will not betray you, dismay, or enslave you. It will set you free, to be more like the man you were made to be. There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see the beauty of love as it was made to be.
mbhookstar

ohhhhhh bungy!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011 06:27:47 PM »

oooooh that recipe looks super yummy! i will have to try that with my next craving lol! my recipe i kept pretty basic great if you dont have much but the basics on hand. so my recipe didnt have much but tasted just like cookie dough  Grin-i did:

1 stick of butter
start with 1 1/2 cups of flour -may add more if needed but thats about what i used
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
pinch of salt
about 1/2 teas of vanilla
and water actually but just added a little at a time to get a great dough consistency
ofcourse chocolate chips!

after i let the mixture chill in the freezer (its quicker-but dont forget its in there-i almost did!) for 20 min. to let it set up a bit. made it much easier to roll. once they were rolled i placed them in a container with wax paper added a few chocolate chips to the top and then put them in the freezer i love them chilled! (and they are still dough soft no worries!) they are ready on hand when that craving hits! which happens quite a bit haha! id love to see what other recipes you guys use. thank you Joyosaurusrex! cant wait to try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...