A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
315 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire/ George R. R. Martin Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 9032 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
PaleAngelLex
« on: March 25, 2011 02:26:02 PM »

Original Song of Ice and Fire/ George R. R. Martin Swap Round 2 Thread

Notes about Sending, Receiving, and Feedback

SENDING: Take pictures of your items before you send. When sending, you must use a DC# (or for overseas keep that receipt). Keep your receipt until your partner receives. PM organizer and partner when you send.

RECEIVING: PM organizer and partner when you receive. Take pictures of received items. (Please take quality pictures, like ones you would take of your work.) Post pictures in gallery in a timely manner.

FEEDBACK: Given when a package is received (verified through PM or DC#) I will be keeping track of what has been received by gallery pictures (This is why it is important for you to take pictures of your items, just in case your partner does not) *Please PM if there is difficulty with pictures.*

Sent

Partner has Received
Feedback
Late with communication
Late WITHOUT communication - Please PM me!

Partners

Myrdda <--->oxynitrate
thedish <--->AlmostDawn
FinRaziel <---> PaleAngelLex
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011 07:13:12 AM by PaleAngelLex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011 08:40:40 AM »

Hmmm, oxynitrate recieved, last week or the week before, so the gallery should be getting it's posting soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
PaleAngelLex
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011 03:10:16 PM »

Today Is Send Outs!

I have heard from most of you, but if you haven't please drop me a message with a DC# or that you'll be sending late. I can't wait to start seeing pictures up here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011 06:07:30 PM »

I am stalking this gallery like crazy. I cannot wait to see what everyone made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011 06:55:33 PM »

Excited to see what everyone has made. My package from AlmostDawn should be here soon. The tracking said today, but it didn't come. Sad Hopefully I will have her package out soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011 07:35:59 PM »

I got an awesome package today from Fin!
I want to wait until I can use my boyfriend's camera to take pictures since it's so much nicer than mine. I will tell you though, I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011 08:13:22 AM »

I received a really awesome package today, hopefully I will get pictures up later today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FinRaziel
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011 12:36:50 PM »

i got an awesome package from paleangellex this week too, will post pics this wknd.

i can't wait to see all the other packages too!!! mmm...love grrm crafts  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
PaleAngelLex
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011 06:35:25 PM »

As promised, I have some pictures to share with you.

First off, I never finish a pair of items when I knit, so this is the only pair of handmade wrist warmers that I own. I love the color of them, and the cable work is very nice.

I was very much hoping to get some amigurumi when I saw that FinRaziel listed them as something she was skilled at. I have never gotten the hang of them myself. As soon as I opened the box, I knew exactly who she had.

Dany's silver hair is what really gave it away. I saw it and just knew. I had listed the couple  as some of my favorite and after watching the show last week I'm glad I did.

Just look at how awesome Drogo is! He's even got hoop earrings. His mustache is braided, and looks all buff.

Even better, if you look at Drogo from behind, there are bells in his hair. I know there has to be, but it's still so awesome that they're there.

Thanks so much FinRaziel. I really love everything.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011 05:11:05 AM by PaleAngelLex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011 07:32:28 PM »

that rocks! omg, i love the bells! perfect
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Myrdda

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011 06:50:04 PM »

hmmm - well, it seems that my husband deleted all the pictures off the camera, probably in an effort to be 'helpful'. Unfortunately, there went the pictures of the things I sent to Oxynitrate (figures!). So, in her package was: a white crocheted shawl; two shawl pins - one in a series of figure eights, the other horseshoe shaped. both were made of galvanized steel - the latter had a brass wire twisted around it with small beads to make it look like flowers. (Oxynitrate said that she loved the house of Highgarden, so I based most of the crafts on that.) I painted a Tudor style rose on a glass mug; gave some tea with rosehips in it (I can't remember the type, sorry!); and some soaps. I think that was about it. I really am sorry I don't have pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

PaleAngelLex
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011 07:34:00 AM »

That all sounds really amazing. I'm hoping we get to see some pictures of all of that soon. I've never been able to crochet anything as large as a shawl.

Also, Don't forget to send me a message letting me know that you have received your package when you get it, and please show off all you loot with some pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
FinRaziel
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011 07:48:53 AM »

That all sounds really amazing. I'm hoping we get to see some pictures of all of that soon. I've never been able to crochet anything as large as a shawl.

Also, Don't forget to send me a message letting me know that you have received your package when you get it, and please show off all you loot with some pics.

eek! ill get pics up tonight, sorry everyone! i have been so bad at posting pics lately... Undecided my computer at home is running all wacky and slow and i hate using it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/FinRaziel
FinRaziel
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011 06:20:33 AM »

im sorry im so late posting!!! i took pics and emailed them to myself last night, so i can post them at work on a much less infuriating computer....

paleangellex sent me the most amazing embriodery hoop which is now on the wall in my living room, it is based off of this http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Entry/Ser_Duncan_the_Tall/
look!

and a closeup of the amazing detail:

and then she sent me a kraken plushie:

his legs are so cool!

i love everything, thank you again paleangellex Smiley this was really a fun swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/FinRaziel
Myrdda

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011 08:08:37 AM »

omg that plushie is the bomb! it both scares me and makes me sqeeeeee   lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Myrdda

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011 11:13:52 AM »

just received today from Oxynitrate - I was thrilled, even more so that it was delivered to my house, not just a tag from where the postie pretends to try to deliver, but really just leaves it at the nearest office for me to go get. Where was I? right! pictures!  I got a lovely suede covered notebook, reminiscent of the black brothers:

a sweet little box with an ominous warning on the outside

but a treasure within!

a shadowbox clock

some bath bombs that hearken unto the Tyrells

and an extra of two keychains for me and the husband!

wow hearthstones, but they almost have a rose like effect

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

PaleAngelLex
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011 11:58:13 AM »

That's an awesome notebook, and I like the chain necklace too.

I'm glad you liked everything FinRaziel. Just so everyone else knows, the embroidery is  supposed to be the crest that Brienne has painted on her shield. I knew that's what I had wanted to do but the book doesn't give a very clear description, so after some digging I found out that she is a descended of Ser Duncan the Tall, and that was his crest. It also glows in the dark  Wink

Business note: I'll be taking care of feedback this weekend, it will be done by Monday at the latest as that's the two week point from send outs. I've heard from everyone, but don't forget to put up pictures if you haven't.
*Feedback Given!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011 07:14:43 AM by PaleAngelLex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Myrdda

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011 04:03:21 PM »

are there any more pictures forthcoming? i keep checking this post to see what else everyone else received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

PaleAngelLex
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011 07:13:04 AM »

It would be nice if there were. I know thedish is still working on her stuff, so when that's done, maybe pictures?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
AlmostDawn
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011 04:04:42 PM »

I have a couple of pics of the things I sent thedish! (I hope you're feeling better partner! <3)

She wanted things on the useful side which took me a second to figure out as I tend to be a mostly decorative sort of girl.

Luckily there was a hoopla wall! So I stitched up a pair of hoops.

The hoops are on top of a shawl/scarf/shoulder wrap that I made. Yarn and I have some issues. But my DH made the joke one night when I was stitching on the hoop "Winter is Coming....Bundle Up". It made me laugh and I couldn't resist making some sort of bundly item. My camera ate the other picture I took of it. It really is time to buy a new camera.

And lastly...

Dragon Eye Box. Before this piece I had really only played around with clay and tried to make little food things. I'm rather proud of how it came out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical.com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
PaleAngelLex
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011 05:53:02 AM »

That dire wolf hoop is amazing. I love how neat and clean it looks. I'm also impressed with you dragon eye box. I think you did really well, and not just for something that's new to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Myrdda

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011 08:29:37 AM »

hahahha - "bundle up" - because several years of winter are really just a minor discomfort   lol.  The hoops are beautiful - and I like the color of the shawl!

Has anyone thought of what sort of orbit their planet must have in order to have several years of winter? I mean, not to be overly involved, but I'd sure like to see the science! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

AlmostDawn
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011 08:39:04 AM »

That dire wolf hoop is amazing. I love how neat and clean it looks. I'm also impressed with you dragon eye box. I think you did really well, and not just for something that's new to you.

Thanks!

I painted the wolf actually. Stitching is new to me and can come out a bit wonky but I love to paint. So I painted him on and then added just some simple white stitches to make it more interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical.com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
PaleAngelLex
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011 01:00:19 PM »

I'm even more impressed with your painting then. It's another thing I'm bad at.

Has anyone thought of what sort of orbit their planet must have in order to have several years of winter? I mean, not to be overly involved, but I'd sure like to see the science! lol

Yes, I have. Every time I find an article on exoplanets I really can't help but think about Game of Thrones. I know I found an article once that described some really funky elliptical orbit of something or other. I'm glad I'm not the only one giving this thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011 09:11:56 AM »

Thanks for posting pics Al. Unfortunately I have been in the hospital again and I am just so sad that I haven't gotten your stuff finished yet. I was soooo excited about this swap. Sad I absolutely loved everything you sent though, especially the hoops since I loooove my hoopla wall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011 05:13:43 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you've been in the hospital again. I hope you're feeling better, and that you have a speedy recovery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...