A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,820
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: inchie punch(es)?  (Read 2103 times)
Tags for this thread: inchie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
A2JC4life
« on: March 24, 2011 06:02:51 PM »

What company (companies?) makes a 1" square punch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011 05:08:18 PM »

Fiskars does - I bought a 1" circle punch today. I also have a 1 1/2" scalloped square, so they should have a 1" regular square. Also, a lot of scrapbooking companies have them. I know Martha Stewart would definately have one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011 07:16:00 PM »

Thanks!  I tried searching online, but all I was finding was 7/8" or 1-1/4".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimchery
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011 04:55:41 PM »

I wish I had the packaging for mine so I could verify this... BUT, I'm pretty sure all the companies measure a square diagonally.  You know, like tvs?  I had to bring an inchie to the store after numerous trips to numerous stores, and finally realized that my inchie fit into one of the punches perfectly.  Ande it wasn't marked 1'.  I don't know what size it is,...  No wait.  I went and measured it diagonally, and its 1 and 3/8.  I do remember being confused at the store and turning the package over and this particular brand had a little diagram with the measurement going diagonally.  If you are at a craft store, check for that.  I went to the michael's website (where I got mine, but at the store) and of course they don't have that brand on their website.  BUT the Hobby Lobby website has an EK success one here.  Notice it is sold as a 1" punch, and you can see on the package the the square is measure horizontally.  So, idk, there's one.  But if you happen to get out and are looking at a store, check and see how they measure the square.  :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dnelsong
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011 02:33:15 PM »

I own a 1 inch square (measured on edge) squeeze punch by Fiskars.  I am pasting an etsy link below--it's not my link and I don't know the person, I'm only sharing as it came up in google and I thought you might find it handy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/42179454/fiskars-1-inch-square-punch
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011 07:15:39 AM »

Thanks!  I found one.  And you're right; they measure diagonally, so I had to go to the store and look at the diagram on the back of the package.  I saved the packaging on purpose so I could post it to this thread, but I lost it.  Sad  It's a Marvy Uchida punch.  I'm pretty sure it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Uchida-LV-EJCP-Clever-Lever-Square/dp/B000Y8XRWQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1302531219&sr=8-5
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dessert Tray
October 9, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...