A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
306 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Waves Psychedelic Crochet Clock  (Read 6436 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
babukatorium
« on: March 22, 2011 07:45:37 AM »

This winter I have been on holiday. Destination: Vienna/Wien, the capital of Austria. And immediately felt in love with an architect, Friedensreich Hundertwasser. He said: "The straight line is godless and immoral". In fact his buildings are mind blowing, colorful, strange (but perfectly functional) and without straight lines! All of his works are incredible and I found him an endless source of inspiration.
Some weeks after the journey while I was going to sleep I noticed that I see the clock's sections waved! No, I'm not a drug user!  Angry   Grin  My eyes were too tired for seeing straight lines! I remembered Hundertwasser. Why not crochet a strange clock?! Why clock's sections must be straight when they can be waved or zigzagged?! Why do I have to see the same clock every time if I can make something that is able to rotate and let me choose which colour I want to be on the top today?! So here it is:

I hope You like it!
For more picks please visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/babukatorium/sets/72157626349635959/Wink
I'm glad for every comments!  Kiss
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 03:59:09 AM by babukatorium » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011 07:53:20 AM »

Very cute clock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarachk
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011 09:23:39 AM »

I super love this clock! The colours alone make me smile... but I especially like that you can rotate it to suit your ''colour mood''! You have a nice, tidy-looking technique, IMO. Very fun and neat indeed. And.... Thanks SO MUCH for including your source of inspiration! I googled the fellow b/c you peeked curiosity! I will be spending some time this evening checking his various projects out, so thanks to you for sending me in the way of something else to inspire me! Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
littlebluegirl
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011 11:04:00 AM »

I love Hundertwasser.  And I love this clock.   Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErintheRed02
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011 08:00:51 PM »

This is beautiful and so creative!  Did you get the wavy pattern along the edges of the different colors by just adding and removing stitches of each color in each row?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafting Blog!
http://nerdyhooker.blogspot.com/

My Pinterest (that I actually use)!
http://pinterest.com/erinthered02/

My wist (always forget to use it but am working on it!):
http://www.wists.com/ErintheRed
rented_angel
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011 11:07:50 PM »

Rainbow clock...I love it.  I especially love the wavy lines...and I really really love that you can rotate it whenever you wish.  It's just too great. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Smith
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011 12:33:41 AM »

Very neat clock. I love the colors so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggiechef
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011 04:30:15 PM »

Superb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
secondhandsusie
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011 07:43:45 AM »

I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
babukatorium
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011 03:37:28 PM »

Thank You so much pjherbert, littlebluegirl, rented_angel, Miss Smith, veggiechef, susie in the sky!  Kiss

I super love this clock! The colours alone make me smile... but I especially like that you can rotate it to suit your ''colour mood''! You have a nice, tidy-looking technique, IMO. Very fun and neat indeed. And.... Thanks SO MUCH for including your source of inspiration! I googled the fellow b/c you peeked curiosity! I will be spending some time this evening checking his various projects out, so thanks to you for sending me in the way of something else to inspire me! Great job.
It's a pleasure to share wonderful art with the others... And when I find someone who feels the same harmony, the same energy in something which was inspiring me I feel that I did something useful in this world! I hope You've enjoyed to see his works! And thank You for the compliments!  Wink

This is beautiful and so creative!  Did you get the wavy pattern along the edges of the different colors by just adding and removing stitches of each color in each row?
Hm. Great question! I didn't remove. Just added. First row double stitch at the end of each color, turn the circle and add a double stitch at the end of every color, etc. I hope it helps (and sorry if not, I still can't read/write patterns)! Maybe You can see it better on the larger pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/babukatorium/5546356861/sizes/o/in/photostream/. Let me know!  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...