A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 315,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Crochet Dread Extensions  (Read 68428 times)
Tags for this thread: dreadlocks , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011 , rainbow  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

babukatorium
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011 04:22:28 AM »

sarah.g.vollmer: ... It's the fourth time I have real dreads and only after the first time I shaved them. Than I understood that they can be combed out!  Wink You loose some lenght of course but it's possible to save Your hair! Anyway crocheted ones are great for feel to be dreaded... And it's fun!  Grin

Thank You: Naaynaay15, kjlutz, tammilkat, Lynnz232!  Kiss

dontdresslikeapril: Yarn dreads are heavy too! But You can take them off when You are sick of it all!  Wink

grossholes: I feel so understood by You! Thank You very much! And I agree... Most of the dread extensions look too... FAKE and I didn't like to wear them. That's why I created crocheted ones!  Wink They are comfortable and funny! And they don't want to look like real ones...

peteyandrocco: No, they are crocheted and than braided onto hair. In this way they are removable and You can reuse them!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julescat73
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2011 07:48:59 PM »

How AWESOME!! Wish I could get away with this at work... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Granite_turtle

Granite? Yes as in tombstones...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2011 10:04:13 PM »

Wish I could get away with this at work... Cheesy

Same here!  Sadly I am a bit past the age of having truly fun hair and I'm completely incapable of braiding these into my own hair.

My daughter absolutely LOVES these!  She's only 5 so I didn't have to make too many for her thin hair.  I'll post picks when I get her hair braided up!

Babukatorium:  I've learned how to make felted dreads and I figured out how to make the crocheted ones, but I'm not sure how you created the roving dreads from the last picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After checking out Regretsy I'm pretty sure I could sell my stuff on Etsy.
HookingArt
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011 09:28:08 AM »

What a fab idea! Looks like a lot of fun. If only I were younger - a lot younger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babukatorium
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2011 08:05:53 AM »

Thanks julescat73 and HookingArt!  Wink

Granite_turtle: Just needle felted them a little bit at the ends for don't let them open... The yarn was that fantastic that I didn't want to modify it! XD Waiting for pictures!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 08:07:13 AM by babukatorium » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Granite_turtle

Granite? Yes as in tombstones...

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011 08:00:15 PM »

So this was my first time and I was following instructions from the internet and working with a 5 year old so all things considered I consider it a win...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

After checking out Regretsy I'm pretty sure I could sell my stuff on Etsy.
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

But can I make it out of clay?

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011 01:03:46 AM »

I'm working on my own crochet dreads now and I am looking forward to buying rubber bands to tie them off. Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Obsession: Polymer Clay
babukatorium
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011 11:09:00 AM »

Granite_turtle: I hope Your Girl is proud of Her new hair. She looks very pretty with them!  Wink (My Sister is much more older but I still have to fight with Her every time for don't moving, being patience and don't shout every 10 minutes: "It HUUURTS!"!  Angry ) You did a great job!  Kiss
I'm working on my own crochet dreads now and I am looking forward to buying rubber bands to tie them off. Thanks for the inspiration!
Pay attention! Rubber bands can break Your hair and if You stay under the sun or use a hair dryer they can easily melt! Use textile rubber bands and post Your pictures! Good luck!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

But can I make it out of clay?

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011 03:31:30 PM »

Do you mean elastic bands? Thanks for the info on melting rubber bands. I don't want that to happen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Obsession: Polymer Clay
dontdresslikeapril
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2011 05:49:53 PM »

ok. i did it!!!! it was hard to do this to myself. i need a friend to help me, because they are not in tight like i want them to be. also my hair is short right now (about 5") so they want to fall out. also, i need a better solution for the ends, because the rubber bands continue to break and i have to redue several everyday. but all in all i'm happy with them, for a first, impatient, try  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Belgian Waffles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...