A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,837
Currently Running With Scissors:
295 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terribly Important SOB Swap Gallery... All others avert your eyes!  (Read 43640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2011 04:06:49 PM »

oooh a good use for the scoring board that I bought a while ago...I kind of forgot about it Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
cackle
Tutorial Contributor

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2011 05:44:57 PM »

If you want to get super fancy you can cut V shapes in the edge and make it all pointy.

...and now I need one of those as well. I just made one without, and I could see a scoring board would make things go a lot faster.

Definitely need the scoring board. I just made a rosette and I think I could use one of those thingummies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2011 07:48:42 PM »

I've gotta learn some papercrafting stuff!  Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2011 08:49:23 PM »

The rosettes are super easy. I just take a 12 inch strip (because that's long the paper comes) and cut off a piece that is about 1.5 inches wide (for the big size). Score it every .25 inch and then accordion fold it. Glue the ends together so it forms a tube, then set it upright on the table. Gather the top of it together and push down. It will naturally kind of collapse into the rosette shape. Glue a circle of paper to the backside and there you go! Paper rosette.

If only I knew it were that easy, the one that your ribbon is based on wouldn't have been a labor of hand folding and sewing paper to get it to hold its shape.  Roll Eyes Note to self: next Micheal's coupon is being used on a scoring board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2011 02:26:14 AM »

oh you terribly important people. Stop boasting about being close to Michaels.. *disgruntled pout*...us living here in no-craft-shop-land will just get a tad jealous..lol

aroze..i was actually wondering about the letters you used for that bunting??? It is so cool and I am definitely going to make me a VIP banner...Mind you Danni is a VIP so I am not as consumed with jealousy as I might be..lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2011 04:02:24 AM »

They are "Basic Grey" chipboard letters that I've had in a drawer for years (so I don't know if they still make them). I painted them first with gold acrylic and then gave them several coats of "Distress Stickles". I think used Antique Linen, Picket Fence and Rock Candy. It created nice muted, tarnished gold glitter finish. The best part about Stickles is that its glitter glue so it doesn't shed glitter everytime you breathe on it. The "Distress" kind has more of an almost pearly quality, rather than super shiny glitter. The bird's wings have the same treatment.

You can see it better in this picture, I think.

oh you terribly important people. Stop boasting about being close to Michaels.. *disgruntled pout*...us living here in no-craft-shop-land will just get a tad jealous..lol

aroze..i was actually wondering about the letters you used for that bunting??? It is so cool and I am definitely going to make me a VIP banner...Mind you Danni is a VIP so I am not as consumed with jealousy as I might be..lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011 04:07:24 AM by amaryllisroze » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
cadet120433
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2011 05:55:49 PM »

I received from sailorgirlbonk on wednesday but have been terribly busy! I can't keep her wonderful wares from the gallery any longer.

The whole lot! I received two sets of pasties, a very cute crocheted mini top hat, a scarf (be jealous, it's handspun!), a knit headband, and a capelet. As far as the capelet is concerned, I can't understand why I haven't had one in my possesion until now, and have determined I need more of these in my life.. many more of these, so long as they live up to the awesomeness of this one.

I know it's a little hard to see, but the scarf has some really awesome blues and teals in it..

And a closeup of the accessories:

Thank you sooooo much sailorgirl! I feel more important already!!

Now I have to go show off my new goodies to hubby. I'm sure he'll agree with just how terribly important my package was Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

October Crafty Inspirations! I made it!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361238.0
sailorgirlbonk
Mature and responsible adult.

Yeah, shorted out. Finally a lie too big.

« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2011 07:54:48 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything! Just so you know, the capelet is reversible -- one side is leaf lace, the other is purls and knits in a cool branching pattern. Smiley Wear it with pride!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2011 07:48:42 AM »

Finally, someone has recognized just how Terribly Important I am! Thanks to the amazing Ms. Ramona Q for helping to highlight my excellence.  Grin

Ramona Q sent me the greatest package. Lookie!
A blue ribbon! I came in first as the Craftiest Bitch. Was there really ever any doubt?

As a VIP, I do have rules. And this is one of my favorites. Ramona Q appliqued it on a pillow cover. This will reside in my craft room as a constant reminder to the minions: zip it!

And my absolute favorite item, this awesome image, framed in a vintage embroidery hoop. LOVE IT! This is either hanging on the wall or the door of the craft room. Seriously, this is as important as I am!

Thanks so much for this terribly important package, Ramona Q! It's the best. And thank you, knickers, for hosting such a fun swap.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're always welcome to visit my blog.

Long live Craftster!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftster/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2011 08:35:19 AM »

Rackycoo, how great to be given items that hail you as the "Crafty Bitch" we all know and love! Cheesy

The framed vintage hoop is absolutely perfect for you!  I am sure that all who enter your kingdom aka craft room will be impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...