A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Apricot Jacket from Rebecca 27  (Read 55546 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2005 10:16:15 AM »

Hey kiddos!  I finished my AJ yesterday, but I don't think that I did the neck band correctly.  I had to add quite a bit to both sides of mine, and I think I may have gotten carried away.  Did anyone else have to add quite a bit to your neck bands?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockadot
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2005 08:20:08 AM »

so all i have left is to seam one more sleave. as it turns out, my sweater is definitely too big around the arms, but fits pretty well everywhere else...i just don't think i'll ever wear it.

ps. i guess i've never seamed together anything major (such as a sweater) and my stitches are showing right through. i'm sewing with the yarn i used to make the sweater so it's not *that* obvious, but it's still there. any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodkarma
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2005 08:40:34 PM »

Hey guys, I just got back from a two week vacation (during which I knit about an inch of ONE SOCK, haha I was having too much fun), and I'm glad to be back working on AJ.

Can't wait to see your finished sweaters; sounds like we'll have a couple of show and tells soon.

As for seaming, Rockadot, what method of seaming are you using? Do you have a good reference book? I am completely in love with Nancy Wiseman's book, The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. It has a place of honor on the end of my couch. Smiley Very helpful. Sorry if that's not what you were thinking of and if you already know about this book...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trebuchet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2005 06:33:58 PM »

YYYESSS!  I just finished putting the buttons on this baby and it looks great!  I'll have a little celebratory photo shoot tomorrow night and post some pictures for y'all.

I did end up unseaming my neckbands and unknitting some on both of the bands and re-doing it.  It VASTLY improved the way the sweater fit in the front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trebuchet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2005 05:42:40 PM »

Here are the pictures as promised:

More details on my blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

linda63pt
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2005 06:18:15 PM »

That looks great! I love the color!  SO TALENTED!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2005 09:55:28 AM »

beautiful job, Trebuchet!  The color is gorgeous, and the fit is perfect... well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
goodkarma
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2005 07:59:47 AM »

Yay! You did it and it looks absolutely stunning on you! Smiley

I'm still on my last piece, a sleeve, and hope to be blocking this weekend. I hope mine fits as well as Trebuchet's does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sybilicious
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2005 11:09:31 AM »

I've enjoyed seeing all the finished products! I'm thinking of making this sweater and am looking for some input on the yarn to use.  I have enough Coton Ease in Mint and Rowan Calmer in white, and I know people have used both.  Is either better for this pattern than the other?  I guess I'd prefer to use the Cotton Ease, unless I hear there are problems with it, because then I can use the Calmer for an Audrey sweater.

Also, has anyone tried to alter the pattern so that it doesn't spread open as much over the belly?  I guess you'd flare the inside edge with the widest spot at the bottom so that it looks like it's hanging straighter with the "pull in" of the ribbing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodkarma
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2005 10:52:23 PM »

Re: the "flare" across the hips, one idea is to knit less ribbing in the bottom section and replace it with straight stockinette stitch. Like maybe at the sides, so you wouldn't break the diagonal pattern at the center front and center back. That's the first thing I thought of.

I'm seaming mine now and hoping to be done soonsoonsoon. Haven't thought at all about what kind of button/fastener/hook combination to use for the front...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Paint a Music Box!
July 26, 2017 Featured Projects
What's Up Girlfriend?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...