A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 320,278
Currently Running With Scissors:
286 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lefties swap  (Read 7703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jchinique
Yes, I am.

I did that.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2006 07:47:58 PM »

Longtime lefty, 1st time swapper, I crochet lefthanded. Could we post some ideas for items or is that bad swap etiquette?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2006 08:14:18 PM »

oh man, definately post ideas!!  It's good to see people are thinking about it!

I still haven't figured out how to knit or crochet.. and I've tried watching people, the mirror and all sorts of ways, nothing seems to work though Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2006 08:45:20 PM »

I still haven't figured out how to knit or crochet.. and I've tried watching people, the mirror and all sorts of ways, nothing seems to work though Sad

We were tossing lefty crocheting ideas around on this thread...though I see you've already been on it.  I'm still struggling to understand crochet, but I knit continental style with no trouble.

I might be interested in a swap.  I make journals, but for class notes, I used to just buy the 1 subject spiral notebooks and flip them around so I started on the last page and worked to the front.  It confused the heck out of all the right-handed people sitting around me in class.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

popple
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2006 09:18:26 PM »

I'd be totally interested.

Actually, I ended up stumbling across lots of neat southpaw sites today, so keep me posted
THIS ROCKS   Logged

who wept at the romance of the streets with their pushcarts full of onions and bad music.
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2006 03:47:08 AM »

I might be interested in a swap.  I make journals, but for class notes, I used to just buy the 1 subject spiral notebooks and flip them around so I started on the last page and worked to the front.  It confused the heck out of all the right-handed people sitting around me in class.  Grin

ahhh!! I do that too!! It's so much easier, and it's funny when you lend your notebook to a righty to copy the notes how one page it's opposite and the othre is "correct" sided.. confuses them to no end!! I love the idea of a lefty journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gnomesrock
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2006 05:13:48 AM »

I would totally love to be in!  Hooray, lefties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Merliquin

Saving the world since 1100 AD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2006 11:08:22 AM »

rah! left-handers rock!
  I am interested in swapping. it's hard at college cuz all they have are the righthanded desks. I've tried asking them for more lefthanded desks  for 3 years now, but so far there are a grand total of two lefthanded desks. sigh.
   i'm done ranting now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluefruitbowl
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2006 03:29:22 PM »

rah! left-handers rock!
  I am interested in swapping. it's hard at college cuz all they have are the righthanded desks. I've tried asking them for more lefthanded desks  for 3 years now, but so far there are a grand total of two lefthanded desks. sigh.
   i'm done ranting now.

How funny, I actually hate lefthanded desks. I've grown accustomed to sitting in righthanded desks at a slant, and have a nicely precarious way to set up my books. Having a lefthanded desks just throws everything off for me. I guess I just adjust to a righthanded world. Like scissors. I use righthand scissors in my righthand, but I guide the paper I'm cutting with my left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2006 05:29:19 PM »

rah! left-handers rock!
   i'm done ranting now.

How funny, I actually hate lefthanded desks. I've grown accustomed to sitting in righthanded desks at a slant, and have a nicely precarious way to set up my books. Having a lefthanded desks just throws everything off for me. I guess I just adjust to a righthanded world. Like scissors. I use righthand scissors in my righthand, but I guide the paper I'm cutting with my left.

I didn't even realise there were left-handed desks at my school until I sat down one day and noticed that my own precarious book-balancing system wouldn't work on it.  I think I made sure to sit at a right-handed, "normal" desk before the next class...force of habit.

Funny how we adapt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluefrue
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2006 09:09:19 PM »

I'm definitely interested in doing a lefty swap, but maybe after the holidays. What sort of items can be swapped?

I knit lefthanded, and I always get mixed up trying to follow righthanded cabling directions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf
The Birds and The Bees
Meatless Monday: Homemade Sauerkraut

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...