A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,820
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embossed Book Covers  (Read 1121 times)
Tags for this thread: book , coptic_stitch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mcbeth
« on: January 10, 2011 03:16:12 PM »

These are actually upcycled. I got some kid's board books from the library when they were giving them away. I peeled off the shiny parts and then took a sharpie and drew an image onto both pieces. I then took some linen yarn and glued it onto the lines and after brushed on some watery glue. When completely dry I brushed on more glue and placed a cut up brown paper bag piece on top. Over about 45 minutes to an hour I burnished the image with my bone folder again and again. I would push out the centers and then up against the sides until it was dry enough to take the shapes. This is the front and back covers for books not yet bound. Each one took the almost full hour. When that was dry I painted on several layers of acrylic paint. Lots of work but completely worth it.

This next group are done with polymer clay I stamped randomly, baked and then painted. I used my tear bar paper deckler to makes the pages wavy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011 05:39:11 PM »

These are fabulous! I love the way all of them turned out. I am really intrigued with the embossed ones - I want to reach out and touch one to see how it feels Grin. I love that these are upcycled board books - I never would have guessed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dessert Tray
October 9, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...