You have coasters for your cold drinks don’t you? Well, don’t leave out your warm drinks… give them a MUG RUG!
In this swap we’ll be crafting one mug rug for our partners.
- Mug rugs can vary in size but should be roughly around 5” x 8”.
- Any techniques can be used…patchwork, embroidered, knit, etc. but keep in mind that the rug should be able to absorb a bit of moisture and protect surfaces from warm drinks.
- Please only send one completed mug rug. No extras.
- You may opt to have 2 partners. See notes below for more info.*
- Posting to the discussion thread or PM’ing organizers is required at least every 2 weeks.
- Have fun!!
Swap name: Mug Rug Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: LimeRiot
Sign-up date range: January 8th – January 22nd, 2011
Date to send item by: February 22nd, 2011
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):No - thanks pjherbert for co-organizing!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?N/A
Additional Age requirement? NoSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESQUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Mug Rug Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country (as would need to appear for mailing)
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home (cats, smoke, etc)?
What general themes do you like (vintage, modern, cutesy, country, etc)?
Are there any themes that you really don’t like?
Colors you’d like to receive?
Colors you’d prefer not to receive?
Would you prefer to have one partner or two partners?* (See notes below for more info.)
Do you have specific ideas or inspirations that would help your partner personalize your piece (Wists, Etsy Favorites, Flickr, etc)?
Anything else you’d like your partner to know?
Send your completed questionnaire to your organizer. That would be me, LimeRiot
*Selecting Two Partners
If you opt for having two partners then you will be paired up twice. This will require that you communicate, craft for and send a mug rug to two different partners. See the example below...
Person A - 2 partners
Person B - 1 partner
Person C - 1 partner
Person D - 1 partner
Person E - 1 partner
Person A <> Person B
Person A <> Person C
Person D <> Person E
Sending, Receiving, and Feedback
SENDING: Take pictures of your items before you send. When sending, you must use a DC# (or for overseas keep that receipt). Keep your receipt until your partner receives. PM organizer and partner when you send.
RECEIVING: PM organizer and partner when you receive. Take pictures of received items. (Please take quality pictures, like ones you would take of your work.) Post pictures in gallery in a timely manner.
FEEDBACK: Given when a package is received (verified through PM or DC#) I will be keeping track of what has been received by gallery pictures (This is why it is important for you to take pictures of your items, just in case your partner does not) *Please PM if there is difficulty with pictures.*GALLERY: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371365