A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
174 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super soft super bulky yarn?  (Read 4223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Allikins
« on: January 04, 2011 02:18:59 PM »

What are some good brands of super soft super bulky yarn? I want to make a scoodie but I want it nice and soft.
If anyone can also link some websites that'd be great!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 02:19:51 PM by Allikins » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011 04:33:47 PM »

I loooove this stuff. Super soft, very springy, and the colours I've seen it available in are all gorgeous Cheesy

I'm so tempted to buy another ball just so I can have one to hug, but they're around $25 per large ball Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sassy-pants
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011 07:22:57 PM »

At Joann's, there's a really soft bulky acrylic yarn by Deborah Norville. I've made hats and scarves out of it and it is awesome. I think it runs around $4/skein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011 10:54:14 PM »

Gah, my mistake, it was $12.95 CDN per ball. That must have been how much I'd spent in total that day. The Hobby Shoppe always has SOMETHING I want Tongue

The Serenity Chunky Heather looks nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011 11:29:28 AM »

If there is a thinner, yet soft enough yarn out there that you already like, there's always the option of holding two (or more!) strands of it together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

illusionary
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011 01:19:10 PM »

Lion Brand's Homespun is really soft, although with the texture it can be hard to work with I've found..tends to split pretty easily, but the splits don't show in the finished product if you correct them! Wearing a scarf made with it right now, actually!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HisTechnoAngel
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011 04:36:26 PM »

I dunno if you'd want to use this for your project, but I just discovered Bernat Pipsqueak today..... I just wanted to make a bed of it and lay all over it! I want to make a baby hooded bath towel out of it, too. It's really nice and squishy.
 Other than that, Homespun is great, and has some awesome colors. I like the Deborah Norville stuff, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lazytcrochet
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011 01:24:31 PM »

I like the Deborah Norville Chunky Serenity also. Joanns Sensations has a super bulky yarn that is really soft. It's called Sumptuous. REALLY chunky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop and see what's new in my Etsy Boutique at www.LazyTcrochet.Etsy.com
SamanthaM
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011 03:15:52 PM »

I like LB Thick n Quick, it has a really nice squishyness and great stitch definition. For a more spendy choice, I like the super-bulky wool by Twinkle ( I think it was twinkle soft chunky). I made an enormous cowl from this that is super soft and the kids keep stealing it because it is so soft and warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hbrady99
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011 06:21:23 AM »

I love the Bernat Softee Chunky (not the baby version though).  It's pretty chunky- but comes in some great colors, stays soft, and is fairly cheap (about $3 a skein).  I use it to make hats and baby blankets all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star. - Nietzsche

www.geekcrafts.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...