A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
187 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TURTLE POWER!!! (TMNT)  (Read 1407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Kymy
« on: December 19, 2010 10:06:19 PM »

I know it's been a while since I posted, I have been lost in the nearly 200 childrens capes I have sewn up in the last 6 weeks! Those are done so now I am on to bigger & better things!

Anyway I grew up in the prime of the original TMNT, so I was SUPER excited when I received a message from a mom looking for a little help finding a last minute Christmas gift request:).  At the last minute her 6 year old son asked for TMNT masks for Christmas which apparently are easier to find for adults then for kids!  She wasnt even sure if I knew what she was talking about when when contacted me but was happy to hear I was just as excited about them as she was & knew exactly what I wanted to do. So I spent last night after taking a few measurements I spent the evening drafting up a template.  Today I tried it out & it was a homerun on the first try.  

As a mom of 3 young kiddos with dress up boxes I HATE kids dress up stuff with ties!  It is simply not practical if mom or dad arent playing with them the whole time, that is what velcro & elastic are for.  And since I know they arent going to want to wait for mom or dad every time they want to play I put an elastic piece on the back of them so they can wear them even if they are untied!

Baylie is wearing the purple untied, Carlie is wearing the blue tied snug & Zander is wearing the red that he kinda tied himself.

The back up plan

READY TO SHIP!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010 10:32:38 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
Jannapy
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010 09:18:48 PM »

Cowabunga Dude, these are totally awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't do it with duck tape...it can't be done!

http://sundayinthecountry.blogspot.com/
Eowynt

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011 07:45:09 AM »

Very cute, and very clever.  The "dress up" years are the best times, aren't they!!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One is less than three.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Backpack For Your Dog
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...