A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what age are most of you  (Read 7560 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
spentonrainydays
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2006 01:23:04 PM »

I'm almost 21, athough I've been told I look younger but act older than my age.  I would have to repeat advice others have already given, its more important how you feel in what you are wearing.  Its impossible to pull of a great look if you don't feel great in it.  And I'd say DON'T listen to those what not to wear people.  ICK!  Thats just my personal opinion about the show, everyone comes out looking the same, they don't look that great, and they are so terrible all they do is tear people down.  I don't know if I was helpful at all, but good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No_Aloha

I am the faerie queene!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2006 05:05:14 PM »

I'm 25 going to be 26 this year (although most people think I'm a teenager depending on how much makeup I'm wearing) and I wear whatever looks good to me at that moment, which might be boho one day, 50's princess the next, and Japan street the day after that.  I make the majority of my clothes, making that possible.  If you love and have a passion for clothes, fashion, fabrics, etc... and you have a sense of what flatters your body, then do it!  I wear stuff that is totally "overdressed" (so say my co-workers) sometimes to my job, or even out to the grocery, but it feels good.  (Of course, I'm not wearing prom dresses!)  I wish my mom would try more as far as style goes, but her insecurities have gotten the best of her as she's gotten older and wee bit "fuller".   Smiley  We used to watch Style with Elsa Klensch every week, have Vogue magazines lying around the house, and go to fabric stores all the time when I was a kid--that's how much my mom loved clothes.  Don't be intimidated by age or body or anything like that.  Wear what you love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fortunesfoe
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2007 04:57:32 AM »

I think the best song ever to suit this thread would be Ben Folds, Smile.  It always makes me smile because it's just so true!

"Smile!  Like you've got nothing to prove, no matter what you might do, you know there's always someone out there cooler than you.

I know that's hard to believe, but there are people you meet, they're into something that is too big to be expressed through their clothes, and they'll put up with all the poses you throw and you won't even know.

That they're not sizing you up, they know your ma f*cked you up or maybe let you watch too much TV.  But they'll still look in your eyes to find the human inside, you know there's always something in there to see...be me, through the mirror, not everybody made the list this year, have a beer...

Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall because there's always someone cooler than you.  Yeah you're the s*it but you won't be there for long because there's always someone cooler than you.

Now that I've got the disease, in a way I'm relieved 'cos I don't have to stress about it like you do.  I might just get up and dance or buy some acid-washed pants, you don't care if you've got nothing to lose..."

etc etc

Go forth and find it my friends, it will change your life! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

just_gemz

It's raining sunshine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2007 05:17:12 AM »

I'm 16 and I wear whatever I feel like. Weather dependable Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peskymac
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2007 09:33:02 AM »

I turned 35 last month.  Luckily, most of the trendy stuff I wore when I was 16 I look back on and cringe - there's a reason an entire ensemble of gold lame or flourescent knit is out.  The 80s were an ugly, ugly decade.  The superfluous belts alone are terrible, and don't even get me started on stirrup pants!  All that to say that I have no urge to repeat the fashion disasters of my past, even if that stuff did come back into style again. 

But if gold lame came back and I lost my freaking mind enough to think I'd look hot in it, I'd probably wear it.  From my perspective, age is a number and doesn't define much of anything.  Wear what looks good on your body, not what society thinks your age group should wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2007 11:30:35 AM »

Wear what you think looks good and what makes you feel comfortable. No matter what your age is, if you look comfortable and confident, you are going to look good. I say go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Jodi1978
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2007 11:12:17 PM »

Well here I am 2 years older and still wearing what I want. Thanks for all the good advice. I even dyed my hair burgandy. And I feel so comfortable in it. So I learned by this post is just be your self and to heck what everyone else thinks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...