A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what age are most of you  (Read 7553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
less_than_zero
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005 10:18:08 PM »

I think you could wear many of the styles, but in moderation, kinda. lol. Like, if you wanted to wear lower-cut pants, that's fine, but not waaaay low. (Please.) That's my only good example.

First off, nobody SHOULD be wearing low rider pants, in my opinion. But that's my opinion! if you want to wear a clear bathing suit with thigh high 6 inch heels and a neon green beehive cut, go for it.
Don't listen to what younger people are doing ( because "fashion" today sucks in my opinion) and wear whatever the hell you want! I cringe when I hear young people telling older people what they should not wear, that's just fash-ist...again, Just an opinion! good luck.
--less_than_zero, 23.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005 11:12:45 PM »

I'm going to be 30 in 2 weeks so apprently thats the age when you have no choice to grow up. (people keep telling me that but it's total sh*t).. I wear alot of crap that most mall kids do, I just like it, a mix of this a mix of that, and most of the time I get 'HEY.. I LOVE THAT.. WHERE'D YOU GET THAT???' Half the time I'm all 'I made it'.. and then I get compliments for that to.

Dead honest, if it feels good, wear it, if it's going to make you self conscience the whole time you're wearing it, either pull it out and deal with it, or change..
That and whomever invented high heels needs a kick in the shins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Sewlittletime

Pink frosting is wunnerful, dahlink!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005 11:14:49 PM »

I'm 40 and have 2 kids. I've got a cushy body too! I've always had somewhat of an eclectic mix of clothing styles, since I don't necessarily go for the trends, but rather what has worked w/ my figure whether I'm thin or fat.
My husband's grandmother had an awesome figure well into her 60's, and in almost every picture I've seen of her, she is wearing tailored slacks or skirt with a portrait neckline top. She had a beautiful long neck/shoulders/collarbone, and knew how to work it!
Find what works for your figure and have fun with it...and screw the What Not To Wear folks for saying stupid crap like women over 30 shouldn't wear above the knee skirts. That kind of crap is just ridiculous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jodi1978
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005 11:55:32 PM »

Cheesy Thank you all for your opinions.  I guess I will always be me to He// what any one else thinks.  There just jealous.LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaffrin
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005 01:52:22 AM »

i'm 24, but i'm always told i look about 15/16 so i still dress like a teenager  Wink

i'm all for older people dressing funkily. my boyfriend's mum is in her 50s and looks amazing. if you can pull it off, then go for it. i will be if i still look good at that age!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkdiva
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005 08:12:47 AM »

I'm going to be 30 in 2 weeks so apprently thats the age when you have no choice to grow up. (people keep telling me that but it's total sh*t).. I wear alot of crap that most mall kids do, I just like it, a mix of this a mix of that, and most of the time I get 'HEY.. I LOVE THAT.. WHERE'D YOU GET THAT???' Half the time I'm all 'I made it'.. and then I get compliments for that to.

Dead honest, if it feels good, wear it, if it's going to make you self conscience the whole time you're wearing it, either pull it out and deal with it, or change..
That and whomever invented high heels needs a kick in the shins.

I am with you Shotgun_Bettie. I turned 30 in Feb. Most extended family asks when am I going to grow up. But my parents love the fact that I dress to please myself.

Age is a state of mind. I feel young therefore I am  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005 10:13:15 AM »

I saw a couple of old biddies the other day in Tesco. They were wearing practically identical cardigans and skirts and shoes.

I swore I would never end up like that.

When I grow up, I'm going to be even more OTT than I am now... yeah... I won't just get a blue rinse, my hair'll be properly BLUE. Grin Or something. Hmm. I will probably spend my life planning how I'm going to fuck myself up in my old age. Yippee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saltytango
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005 10:58:34 AM »

im 15 and i dress the way i want. i actually had people at school argueing over whether i was punk or goth, so i said, "are you stereotyping me? are you putting me in a box?" "i guess we sort of are..." "then don't." lol so recently target has had alot of cool clothes cheap, and while i usually describe myself as emo, now i look like a wannabe with an emo boyfriend, except minus the boyfriend. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twelvety
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005 07:59:05 PM »

I'm 28 and the way I dress seems to have evolved nicely as I have gotten older (as have my attitudes)I'm pretty happy with the way I look now.
I am a mother too and when I was pregnant I copped a lot of hassle for not opting for the floral smock cover up option, and I was told that I had best change the way I dress and start to look more like a nice sensible suburban mother........ Needless to say I didn't. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
vexy5260
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005 06:50:07 PM »

Im 13...youngest so far hehe...I think you should where whatever you like as long as it isnt to short or revealing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...