A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 318,327
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 790721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #3080 on: April 05, 2011 08:30:39 AM »

I have a couple things I  need to put up photos of and a few crafty goals for the week (finish baby blanket, swap thank you present)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockon
« Reply #3081 on: April 05, 2011 08:53:10 AM »

I have, perhaps, a silly question- but what exactly is a cat blanket?  Is it like a cat bed?

Yep.  Really it is a regular old blanket but is meant to be used by a cat --- my friend has 5 cats and is always looking for stuff for them to sleep on.  The (cat) blankets are in my gift bin, but I am sure I won't be able to hold out til an occassion to give them to her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3082 on: April 05, 2011 09:44:16 AM »

Eclectic Dreamer, I can't believe you didn't sell one bangle.  I think they're fabulous!  And I love the bag and bookmark!  Lucky co-worker!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

« Reply #3083 on: April 05, 2011 10:09:06 AM »

I spent March frustrated that so many other things were interfering with my crafting time (science fair, prom, you know, minor stuff). Now it's only April 5, and I knocked out two things last night! It's going to be a crafty month, I just know it!

mended collapsible homemade light tent:

and a photograph of the craft I finished up last night, the card for my great-niece's I-Spy bag, complete with grommet (in some circles, I'm known as "grommet girl" because I use them in so many projects):

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 02:41:17 PM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
A2JC4life
« Reply #3084 on: April 05, 2011 02:19:59 PM »

Today, I...

...finished up my package for the FQ swap.
...hemmed a tablecloth for my little girls' table.  (I almost feel bad even calling that a project.  It's just hemming a rectangular piece of fabric.  But it's been sitting in my UFO pile for years precisely because I never got around to just hemming the darn rectangle!)
...stitched up the ends of a headband for my littlest one and sewed the flower onto it (to go with her Passover dress).

Also, in the last couple of days, I have done some prep work for a few things - largely digging through boxes to find the fabric I need for certain items, choose patterns, etc.  Which doesn't sound like much, but the having to dig part often intimidates me so that I procrastinate on the project.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

« Reply #3085 on: April 05, 2011 02:52:31 PM »

I feel your pain, A2...

Okay, okay. You and Deeder have shamed me into it. I'll clean, THEN craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3086 on: April 05, 2011 03:02:46 PM »

I think the no-sew fleece projects are great!  I know so many non-crafty friends that have made projects and they are very much welcomed as gifts!  I never thought to use the smaller pieces for my cats--so great idea!

I love those bracelets!  So colorful and dainty...I have a hard time with jangly bracelets so those are great!

Curious about the cute giraffe I Spy--how do they work?  I have no kids and therefore, no imagination...do they pick out items that you say?  Whatever---I think it is cute and colorful!

And, oh goodness, everyone is cleaning and crafting...putting me to shame...hang in there, though, only 13 more days until tax season is OVER!!! yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

« Reply #3087 on: April 05, 2011 03:38:44 PM »

Alwaysinmyroom, you have GOT to be joking:
" I have no kids and therefore, no imagination...."

You have more imagination than about anybody I've ever seen.
Aaaand, since you have no kids, you actually have time to do a gazillion projects before April!!!

I got the idea for an i-spy here on Craftster. I'm probably putting waaay more into it that it will be worth. The idea is that the child can use the pictures to look for "alike" things in the boxes or just look for all the items shown for quiet, by-myself play so mom can drive, listen to the sermon, etc. The child for this is is just turning 2, so I expect her mom will need to say "Find the___" while pointing it out, and then listen to the "I found it" babble, at least for a while. I should finish the actual bag this thing is supposed to go with sometime this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3088 on: April 05, 2011 06:37:13 PM »

OK, so I made an item over the last day at work, and some finishing today Smiley  My button encrusted cuff bracelet!

I used the buttonhole stitch (aka blaneket stitch) tute on Troublet's blog to do the edging.  I 'messed up' when I made this by making the fabric too skinny to sew all the buttons on and then be able to do the right sides together and sew 3 sides, flip and finish (like a purse strap or a pocket) so I had to get creative.  I serged the edges with black, cutting off the excess 1/2" of black I left in hopes of doing the 'correct' method I had in my head to do with this, then I stitched with the aqua blue floss to finish.  I LOVE the way it came out!!  I think I will 'mess up' all of the future ones I make Smiley  I also had thought to do Velcro to close on the wrist, and I may yet do that for the next ones of these I do as the elastic can cause the cuff to be uneven on the underside when you put the loops around the randomly placed buttons.

Another one bites the dust...8/50!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 07:06:55 PM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #3089 on: April 05, 2011 06:47:03 PM »

Oh, at first I thought that was a little fabric bowl! Nice bracelet but now I want to make an actual bowl like that, it's super cute Wink.
I thought the same thing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!
Meatless Monday: Croissant Bread Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...