A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JULY NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: It's time to enter FLIP FLOP FUSION! Enter your fab flip flop project now!
Total Members: 318,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Salt Scrubs  (Read 8210 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

baileemartini
« on: November 30, 2010 05:24:54 PM »

So I got 12 gifts done in less than an hour, and they were relatively inexpensive. I purchased a 12 pack of half pint canning jars for $8 at Walmart, I already had a jug of Epsom salt and a box of canning salt, as well as food coloring, and I purchased two bottles of fragrance oils safe for bath products from etsy seller EyeSpider, which cost me $6.50 including shipping, which was a great deal! Also spent $5 on some ribbon and a bottle of baby oil.

For the candy cany, I filled a bowl with a mixture of both salts, and added just enough baby oil to make a slightly moist scrub. It actually looked like snow. I took some out and added just enough red food coloring to make it a light red. I took some and washed my hands with it to make sure it didn't dye my skin, which it didn't. I added enough peppermint fragrance to each bowl to make it smell without giving me a headache, and layered the colors in the jar. Put the lid on, tied the ribbons around and added a plastic spoon for scooping.

For the pumpkin cheesecake, I did the same, except I colored it orange, and added a tad of pumpkin pie spice, just enough to give it some flecks. I cut out some unbleached cloth circles and put them in the jar lids, since the red gingham didn't go with the orange salts.

Now I just need to make some labels and I will be done! These make great gifts for acquaintances, or for that person who got you a gift and you need something quick to give them.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 05:26:00 PM by baileemartini » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cealy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010 05:39:13 PM »

Perfect idea for teacher gifts, you can afford to give them to all the kids teachers at that price!

My daughter made sugar and salt scrubs a couple years ago for the ladies of our families. Did a pretty good job too using money she saved from her part time job!

Love the layered look of the peppermint!
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schizo319
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010 06:08:25 PM »

Those are GREAT!!! I love a use-upable gift (cosmetic, candles, etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
baileemartini
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010 06:51:25 PM »

thanks guys! i love doing batch gifts like this, its so nice to get so many done at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 20th: National Moon Day
Tute Tuesday: Neapolitan Ice Cream Scrub
Finding Frida Kahlo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...