A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,944
Currently Running With Scissors:
153 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 103
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla Round 3 - OTT Edition! (SignUps CLOSED, SendOuts 1/10)  (Read 156186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

costumesaremylife
« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2010 09:02:07 PM »

I have to make a decision!! It's too hard. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schnerby
« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2010 09:05:04 PM »

I'm going to wash the stabiliser off tonight and press it lovely and flat.

I think I love small scale stitchery. All the fun of completion with much less actual stitching. I'd never attempt satin stitching on a large scale, but small I can handle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2010 09:58:06 PM »

i finished bubblegum_phoenix's hoops tonight.  and i am a smitten kitten. Smiley it is kinda ridiculously cute.  now how to finish off the back???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2010 11:31:13 PM »

i finished bubblegum_phoenix's hoops tonight.  and i am a smitten kitten. Smiley it is kinda ridiculously cute.  now how to finish off the back???
Well, I saw some examples pictured here earlier. I think one good way is to gather up the back edge with a running stitch, just inside the hoop line;
trim away the excess, and stitch a piece of felt over it. But first, stitch your names on it, and date. Felt would be good because the edges are clean, and you won't have to turn it under. Unless you want to glue heavy paper, like the real picture framers do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
« Reply #524 on: December 13, 2010 07:34:54 AM »

Well, I saw some examples pictured here earlier. I think one good way is to gather up the back edge with a running stitch, just inside the hoop line;
trim away the excess, and stitch a piece of felt over it. But first, stitch your names on it, and date. Felt would be good because the edges are clean, and you won't have to turn it under. Unless you want to glue heavy paper, like the real picture framers do.
That is exactly how I finished evilpixie's last night! I stitched the title and my initials on some felt, then hot glued it to the frame. Yeah, I love my glue gun. I thought about doing the other way with a smaller fabric circle but I wanted to hot glue, darn it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: December 13, 2010 08:21:29 AM »

Hot Glue! That works too! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deee
« Reply #526 on: December 13, 2010 08:56:39 AM »

Oh my gosh.... I had so much catching up to do it's taken me all morning!
I'm kinda sad I'm so knee deep in things to do right now! I want to start stitching! I'm actually having my first art show since I graduated! I'm setting it up ( and of course still making things for it) this week. Has to be up by friday.... AHHH! I'm going to post my new specimens as soon as I finish them (hopefully today) Smiley

I just ordered some of those faux wood frames off etsy! soo darn adorable! As soon as I get done with installing the show my hoops should be here and the stiching will commence!!!

I know exactly what I'm making for Jemima, but still need to do some more stalking for I'maFunDork. My first swap with 2 partners! squeeee! so excited about so many things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #527 on: December 13, 2010 09:29:11 AM »

wowsers, I havent even started yours yet lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
blue_lalita
« Reply #528 on: December 13, 2010 11:03:04 AM »

I'm about 1/3 done with TheSapphireMoon's hoop, but I haven't started fiorinda's yet - I think I'm going to concentrate on doing one at a time. All those tiny fill stitches are reminding me why I usually just do an outline! I had to quit stitching last night because I was getting shooting pains in my hand (I have tendinitis or carpal tunnel or something in my wrists). I thought I was mostly done with Christmas crafting, but yesterday my sister confirmed that she would indeed like a crocheted hat and wouldn't think it was tacky and stupid, so I have to get on that before I can finish my hoops...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doaflip
« Reply #529 on: December 13, 2010 03:36:38 PM »

I have a pattern ready to go (I think!) My trouble now is finding floss in satisfactory shades. I had a little play around, and tried using some gorgeous DMC Light Effects rayon, but we don't get along. You can read the story here --> http://doaflip.tumblr.com/post/2301716102/a-soap-opera-tale-of-stitchery if you'd like, but be warned there are a few swears in it.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what eveyone's making. This thread takes a lot of time to catch up on already, let alone when we all start posting pics!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010 12:30:11 AM by doaflip - Reason: Broken html, for shame.. *hangs head* » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tumblr      Etsy     Twitter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 103 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018:
Tute Tuesday: No Stitch Yarn Hat Ornament
Creative Elves on Your Christmas Shelves

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...