A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 314,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
201 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 103
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla Round 3 - OTT Edition! (SignUps CLOSED, SendOuts 1/10)  (Read 154168 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2010 07:18:05 PM »

Not joining this round because the hoops are too small to make proper x-stitch designs (for me!). I couldn't come up with anything besides Space Invaders Cheesy

Too bad, because I love my newly started hoopla wall Tongue

You could always use super high count aida!  Like 24+  Wink  I'm sure someone would love a space invaders hoop anyway... like me Smiley

24 count is what I prefer to work on. If I want super high, I go try find some 32 count. :p

there's 32?!?!?!?!  the highest I have is 28!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2010 03:24:05 AM »

I have a super mini "cross stitch" kit where you work on counted linen, going over single strands only, and you only have space enough to do half cross stitches Cheesy It's super high res and awesome. But I'm sure I miscalculated once when I was doing it, because I wasn't clever enough to work it in sections, taking a single color instead, and then it's been stalled for years...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
WhiteSheep
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2010 05:19:54 AM »

YAY, im in cannot wait to get my partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://agreenmess.wordpress.com/ - My little world

I Love doing swaps!
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2010 05:43:53 AM »

So maybe I should join Tongue I would have to order the fabric online, and it don't know if it would get delivered on time :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2010 06:32:07 AM »

So maybe I should join Tongue I would have to order the fabric online, and it don't know if it would get delivered on time :S

Maybe a SUPER NICE craftster with some high count aida will PM you to send you some  Grin  I would, but I actually have low count...11 ct aida and 'regular' 14 ct.  Work was busy yesterday, so no additional progress on my celestial embroidery, and I'm off today and have STS items to work on along with Xmas presents depending on how much time I spend on the STS items to finish them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2010 07:50:57 AM »

Krafty Karasu and StitchFight.....If you both will PM me, i have some scraps of 32 count I will be happy to send to you. At least you can see if you like it or not.
KraftyKarasu - there's even 40 ct but I CANNOT see those tiny little holes LOL!!!
 Stitchfight...I know you're in the netherlands...........I don't know how long it'll take to get there, any idea?
 Grin
I'm in the USA.

Robin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
LimeRiot
Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2010 07:54:45 AM »

stitchFIGHT, I think what we're all saying, is that the Hoopla wouldn't be the same without you and we hope you can join Smiley!!

I just ordered some white 28 ct. from amazon.com. If it arrives in a hurry I'd be happy to send some your way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2010 08:41:33 AM »

You gals could always get past cross-stitch, and do something like embroidery? Then, your fabric choices are increased!, or, just use an even weave cotton. I have a lot of vintage stampings,& other designs if someone needs a motif; PM Me if that's you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2010 08:47:01 AM »

I just got my teeny hoops!  1 4inch hoop, 1 2X3inch oval and 1 2.5inch hoop!  They are so adorable, but so very small!  It is going to be interesting coming up with a design to fit into such a small space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
doaflip
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2010 09:54:36 AM »

My hoops arrived today, one 3" and one 4', plain wood hoops. I got them from eBay and I'm a little disappointed in the quality, especially since they weren't really a bargain. Looks like I might have to take a trip to Hobbycraft after all. Will I have the restraint to buy only what I need? Probably not  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tumblr      Etsy     Twitter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 103 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cool Pupcicles for Hot Dogs
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...